Top: Arts: Classical_Studies:
[ A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z ]
|This category in other languages:|
- Alexandria on the Web - - Materials on the relationship between cosmology, philosophy, myth, and culture, sponsored by the Alexandria journal.
- Ancient History Sourcebook - - Extensive selection of links, study guides, and articles pertaining to the ancient Near East and ancient Mediterranean worlds, as well as some public domain translations of classical texts. At Fordham.
- Ancient Scripts of the World - - Indexed by region, with articles on writing systems, sounds and phonetics, historical linguistics, and related study materials.
- Ancient World - - ZIP files of plain text translations of Greek and Latin writers of antiquity, as well as links to other sites about ancient civilization and literature.
- Centre for the Study of Ancient Documents - - The Centre for the Study of Ancient Documents was established in 1995 under the auspices of Oxford University's Faculty of Literae Humaniores to provide a focus for the study of ancient documents in Oxford.
- Classical Studies (humanities.classics) FAQ - - Frequently asked questions for the newsgroup humanities.classics. Includes bibliographies, glossaries and compendia of mythological characters. Maintenance ceased August 2000.
- Classics Technology Center - - A repository of tools such as guides, games, and glossaries for educators and other classicists, to enhance the use of computer technology in classics education.
- Classics Unveiled - - Portal to three reference and resource sites for ancient Roman history, culture, and daily life; Greek mythology; and Latin vocabulary words.
- Corinth Computer Project - - Extensive multimedia site incorporating historical, literary and archaeological information from Corinth, Greece during the Roman era. Suitable for scholars, students, and the public at large.
- Diotima - - An interdisciplinary resource for the study of patterns of gender around the ancient Mediterranean and as a forum for collaboration among instructors who teach courses about women and gender in the ancient world. Includes course materials, the beginnings of a systematic and searchable bibliography, and links to many on-line resources, including articles, book reviews, databases and images.
- Greek 'n' Stuff - - Learn biblical Greek or classical Latin. Bible nuggets. Homeschool links/classical links/family pages.
- The Internet Classics Archive - - Provides 441 online works of classical literature with a powerful search facility. A booklist links directly to relevant pages in online bookshops. Classical trivia questions can be posted and answered.
- Leuven Database of Ancient Books (LDAB) - - Searchable database aiming to catalog all ancient literary texts with information including a description of the text, language, medium, authors, current location, and plates. Sponsored by the Catholic University of Leuven.
- Library, Bibliographic, & Lexical Resources - - "Library and Textual Resources Bibliographical Assistance Periodicals Publishers' Catalogues and On-Line Bookstores Grammars, Lexical Resources ... " all related to the Classics.
- Literary Resources - - A list of classical and Biblical-oriented websites maintained by a professor at Rutgers University.
- Stoa Consortium - - The Stoa Consortium provides a venue for the exploration of innovations in scholarly communication, with a focus on Classics and Classical Archaeology. It hosts numerous classical electronic projects, guides to best practices, fora, a CVS and a weblog.
- Studies in the Classics - - Essays, texts, and studies on classical literature and language from Prof. William Harris of Middlebury College.
- Summer Courses in the Classics - - A list of classics courses offered during the summer by colleges and universities throughout the world, sorted by discipline and subject of study.
- Text Tools and Lexica - - From The Perseus Project. Includes an English/Greek Word Search, English/Latin Word Search, Liddell Scott-Jones Greek Lexicon, and Lewis and Short Latin Dictionary.
- Textkit - - Language learning site which provides free Greek and Latin grammars, reading material, classical e-books and other learning resources and downloads.
- Voice of the Shuttle: Classical Studies - - A large index of links to various classical history, art, archaeology, language and literature journals, texts, syllabi, forums, and other resources. From the University of California at Santa Barbara.
- What Do You Want to Know Today? - - Includes searches on indexes to scholarly journals, dictionaries, image archives, listserve archives, online translators, and Classics web search engines.