Top: Computers: Open_Source: Software: Music_and_Audio:
- Aldrin - - A tracker written in Python, designed to be very similar to Jeskola Buzz. Site includes forum, screenshots, bug tracking and source-code download. [Linux.
- Amarok - - Music player and manager with support for cover art, last.fm integration, and QtScript plugins. Site includes forum, downloads, help and support, and developer information. [Cross-platform.
- Ampache - - Open Source, web-based audio file manager and player. Site includes bug-tracker, support wiki, downloads, and a live demo.(MySQL and PHP.
- Ardour - - A multichannel digital audio workstation. (C++) [GNU/Linux, Mac OS X.
- aTunes - - Audio player and organizer, with a tag editor, and ability to rip Audio CDs. Site includes screenshots, forums, a help wiki, and downloads. (Java) [Cross-platform.
- Audacious - - Audio player with support for many formats, and it has support for third-party plugins. Site includes screenshots, developer information, feature list, and downloads. [Linux.
- Audacity - - Audio editor for recording, slicing, and mixing audio. Site includes help, downloads, and developer information. (C++) [Cross-platform.
- Buzé - - Tracker designed as a drop-in replacement of Jeskola Buzz. Site includes downloads, forum, and screenshots. [Windows.
- Buzztard - - Tracker meant to clone the features of Jeskola Buzz. Site includes screenshots, downloads, and development information. [Linux.
- Canorus - - Music score editor, sharing some of the same developers as NoteEdit. Site includes a wiki, downloads, feature list, bug tracker, and development information. (C++) [Cross-platform.
- Cog - - Audio player featuring playback of multiple formats, tags, and last.fm scrobbling. Site includes downloads, feature list, screenshots, forum, and development information. [Mac.
- Coolplayer - - Media player which supports skins and plugins. Site includes downloads, plugins, skins, forum, and developer information. (C) [Windows.
- Ecasound - - Command line tool designed for multitrack audio processing which can be used for tasks like audio playback, recording and format conversions as well as mixing and signal recycling. Includes documentation and links to third party graphical user interfaces. (C++) [Cross-platform.
- Exaile - - Music player which supports album art fetching, Last.fm submission, and plugins. Site includes forum, downloads, screenshots, and themes. (Python) [Linux.
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) - - A patent-free lossless audio codec with utilities for editing meta-data. Site includes utility downloads, comparison with other codecs, and links to things that use FLAC. [Cross-platform.
- HarddiskOgg - - On-the-fly encoder for recording analog audio sources (i.e. line-in or microphone) directly to Ogg Vorbis/Wave/MP3, featuring auto-normalization and command line support. Site includes news, screenshots, forum, and downloads. (C++) [Windows.
- Hydrogen - - Drum-machine for creating patterns-based music. Site contains project news, downloads, example music, forum, and screenshots. [Linux.
- iRadeo - - Mp3 streaming application for integration with websites. Site includes help and downloads. (PHP.
- JBuzzer - - Triggers audio samples (*.mp3 and *.wav files) by pressing a key on the computer keyboard. Site includes screenshots, downloads, and developer information. (Java) [Cross-platform.
- LAME - - Open-source mp3 encoder meant as an educational tool. Site includes development information and project history. [Cross-platform.
- LameDropXPd - - Mp3 encoder which reads FLAC and Ogg Vorbis files. Site includes download for binaries, source code, and old versions. [Windows.
- Linux MultiMedia Studio - - Audio workstation for creating digital music. Site includes demo songs, screenshots, downloads, a wiki, and user created songs. (C++) [Cross-platform.
- Macaw - - MIDI and audio sequencer, synthesizers and FX, and a soundfont sampler and wave editor. Site includes project info, downloads, and a link to the main developer. (Delphi) [Windows.
- Mixxx - - Digital DJ software with features like parallel visual displays, beat estimation, beat matching, skins, and Equalizers. Site includes news, downloads, screenshots, and support information. [Cross-platform.
- MP3 Book Helper - - Provides Mp3 and Ogg Vorbis tags editing and file renaming functions. (Delphi) [Windows.
- MP3 Diags - - MP3 analysis tool that also includes file correction and tag editing. Site includes downloads, screenshots, user manual, and development information. (C++) [Linux, Windows.
- MPEG4IP - - Now defunct MPEG-4 tools and broadcaster. Site contains screenshots and source-code. [Linux.
- MuseScore - - Music composition and notation software. Site includes downloads, screenshots, manual, forum, and development information. [Cross-platform.
- Music Explorer - - Spectrum analyzer help musicians transcribe recorded music, analyze and identify frequencies visually. Site includes downloads, screenshots, and descriptions of algorithms used. (C++) [Windows.
- Ninjam - - Music collaboration software for having realtime jam sessions over the Internet. Site includes description, software download (with source code), forum, and servers for collaboration. (C++) [Cross-platform.
- Open Cubic Player - - Module sound player with a console interface. Site includes source code, screenshots, and project information. [Linux.
- Open Song - - Application to manage lyrics, chords, lead sheets, overheads, and computer projection. Website includes additional packages such as song, background and language packs, documentation and a support forum. (REALbasic) [Cross-platform.
- Open Sound World - - Open-source programming environment that allows musicians sound processing in response to real-time control. Site contains downloads and documentation. [Cross-platform.
- orDrumbox - - Real-time drum machine and audio sequencer. Site contains online demo, full download, and user manual. (Java) [Cross-platform.
- Play - - Audio player with support for many different file formats, last.fm, replay gain, and metadata editing. Site includes downloads, screenshots, and developer information. [Mac.
- pulpTunes - - A web server for streaming music from iTunes over a network. Site includes downloads, forums, demonstration server, and project information. [Cross-platform.
- PyTone - - Curses based jukebox system with support for id3 tags and playlists. Site includes screenshots, feature information, installation instructions, and source-code download. (Python) [Linux.
- Snd - - Sound editor modeled after Emacs and can be customized and extended using either Guile, Ruby, or Forth. Site contains source code and a user manual. [Linux.
- Songbird - - Music player which integrates with online content via plugins. Site contains project news, download, add-ons directory, help, and how to contribute. (C++) [Cross-platform.
- Speex - - Lossy audio codec optimized for speech. Site contains comparison with other codecs, downloads, and a directory of software which uses Speex. [Cross-platform.
- Traverso DAW - - Audio recording and editing suite with support for CD mastering and non-linear processing. Site includes screenshots, downloads, developer information, and forums. (C++) [Cross-platform.
- TuxGuitar - - Multi-track tablature editor, compatible with Guitar Pro files. Site includes screenshots, downloads, forum, documentation, and a donation form. (Java) [Cross-platform.
- Ubuntu-Studio Project - - Contains information for musicians wishing to use Ubuntu-Linux as their Digital Audio Workstation.
- VortexBox - - Turns a computer into an easy to use music server/jukebox by automatically ripping CDs to FLAC and MP3 files, ID3 tagging the files and downloading the cover art. Also able to serve the files to a network. Based on Fedora GNU/Linux.
- wxGuitar - - Project page for a guitar tuner application. Site includes screenshots, downloads, and development information. (C++) [Cross-platform.
- Zinf - - An open source audio player for Linux and Win32, supports MP3, Ogg/Vorbis, WAV and Audio CD playback, SHOUTcast/Icecast HTTP streaming, RTP streaming, with a powerful music browser, theme support and a download manager.