Top: Computers: Usenet:
|This category in other languages:|
- Maintained by the Big Eight Moderation Team at isc.org. This active file is a complete and current list of newsgroups available. Not limited to the "Big 8" groups only.
- AnchorDudes Usenet Newsgroup Server FAQ - - General presentation of binary newsgroups: specific terms, provider comparison with a pricing table, newsgroup listings and a quick review of newsreader software.
- Australian Usenet - - Offers the latest news about Australian ISPs' Usenet services, also includes tutorials on how to get started with programs like Alt.Binz, Newsleecher and Grabit along with a collection of links.
- Binaries4all - - Offers binary newsgroup tutorials covering downloading, posting and use of software tools. Includes messageboard.
- Computer Partners - - Brief explanation of newsgroups and instructions for using Netscape Navigator or Outlook Express for reading newsgroups.
- Freedom Knights of Usenet - - Dedicated to free speech, and its implementation on Usenet, an alternative point of view. Information about Usenet sites of Virtue and surviving UDPs.
- How to Usenet - - A brief introduction to Usenet, particularly focusing on selecting a server and choosing a newsreader. Also features a collection of useful links.
- Internet Software Consortium - - An FTP site with archives of various Usenet related documents. Includes active files, control messages, list of Usenet hierarchies.
- Links to Professor Timo Salmi's FAQ Material - - Timo Salmi has advice on how to participate effectively in Usenet. Topics include: Proper quoting, proper signatures, how to respond to "crackpots", where to put test postings and other important topics.
- NewsgroupReviews.com - - Information and reviews on newsgroup access providers and newsreaders along with basic tutorials.
- News2mail.com - - Delivers via e-mail articles from user-selected newsgroups. Free service.
- Slyck's Guide to the Newsgroups - - Tutorials on binary newsgroups : how to download, verify, combine and decode files as well as how to post them. Tutorials on other topics such as IRC and P2P are also available.
- Snoozenet - - Tim Pierce's New's Hacking page. Includes links to RFC 977, 1036, son-of-1036.
- The Usenet Newbie Project - - A global presentation of Usenet: how to access it, how to read posts, explanation of technical terms and acronyms.
- Usenet on Livinginternet.com - - History of Usenet as a whole and of specific hierarchies like alt.*, bitnet and fidonet, old Usenet maps, the way the newsgroups work and how to use them, tips on advanced use, useful links.
- Usenet Replayer - - Web-based Usenet tools, including news resources archive, news server search, posting and retrieving of Usenet messages, advertising products, and forgery cancellations. Free.
- Usenet-Newsgroups.com - - Offers reviews of several websites on newsgroups. Includes a forum where users can share ideas and get assistance.
- Usenetpage.com - - Provides basic information and links about Usenet with a particular focus on binary newsgroups and related utilities.
- Usenetpedia - - A simple and relaxed presentation of Usenet, its history and its specific vocabulary.
- User's Guide to the Changing Usenet - - Explains how RFDs (Requests For Discussion) and CFVs (Call For Votes) can be used to change a Usenet newsgroup. Gives tips on how to stay abreast of changes in newsgroups and how to be an active participant.
- Wikipedia: Usenet - - A presentation of Usenet: its history, terms and organization along with technical details and information on binary content.
- W-net : Everything About Usenet - - An introduction to Usenet basics along with a partial list of Newsgroups. No longer maintained but the information provided is still relevant.
- yEnc - Encoding for Usenet and E-mail - - Homepage of the public domain encoding format widely used in binary newsgroups. A stand alone yEnc decoder is also available for download with its source code.