Top: Health: Medicine: Education:
|This category in other languages:|
- The BookMarc - - Services for medical students and for professionals, including discounted book services, discounted phone services, and discounted electronics. This site targets practitioners in the USA.
- Doctor Digest - - Medical doctors can review electronic medical information resources available in any of the following media: browsable WWW sites, or downloadable datasets and software, or on CD-ROMS.
- Doctor's Guide - - Medical and pharmacological news, case studies and specialty and subspecialty-specific updates on latest in treatment and research.
- Emergency Clinical Guide - - A comprehensive educational and reference resource for medical and nursing students. Includes eponyms, acronyms, ABG calculator, physical exam basics.
- Endo-Surgery Institute - - About the certified and non-certified programs and distant learning delivery systems offered by this facility in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Flesh and Bones - - For medical students and instructors. Includes free MCQs, sample chapters and images from leading medical textbooks, plus competitions and games.
- Healthprofessions.com - - Educational resources relating to the healthcare industry. Many specialties are listed with a brief summary of responsibilities, educational requirements, and schools offering these programs.
- How to Choose a Medical Specialty - - Assists medical students in choosing a medical specialty. Rate multiple "I tend to..." statements, then a rank order list of specialties will be generated based on likes and dislikes.
- Medical Texts - - Online medical texts in a variety of specialties are available to view or download.
- MedicalStudent.com - - A digital library of authoritative medical information for all students of medicine.
- Medics Away - - UK company able to organise electives in India, Kenya and Peru.
- Medscape Med Students - - Medical updates, weekly "grand-rounds" type cases including pathological slides and discussions with up-to-date references. Free PalmOS applications, including ePharmacopoeia.
- Microsurgery Training Program - - Basic Microsurgical Course (40 hours), Advanced Course (12 hours), Microsurgery Laboratory, Indiana University Medical Center.
- Student Doctor Network - - Guide to getting into medical and dental schools. Includes information, links and a message board.
- Studentdoc - - Online resources for medical students, with a special emphasis on practice questions and exams for basic and clinical science courses.
- The Virtual Autopsy - - Autopsy cases, anatomy and physiology information and images from Leicester University.
- NPR : Lessons from the Gross Anatomy Lab - - As final exams approach for freshman medical students at the University of Maryland, they reflect on what they've learned in the gross anatomy lab. NPR's Melissa Block visits the lab in the second of a series about gross anatomy and body donation. [12:05 streaming audio broadcast] (November, 2004)