Top: Kids_and_Teens: School_Time: Foreign_Languages:
|This category in other languages:|
- Apples4theteacher - [ Kids/Teens ] - Offers games to learn American Sign Language, Gaelic, Polish, and Spanish.
- ASL Browser - [ Kids/Teens/Mature Teens ] - Learn how to sign common words and phrases by watching video clips. Requires QuickTime to be installed. May not work on all browsers.
- Bahasa Indonesian - [ Teens/Mature Teens ] - Learn basic Bahasa Indonesian, geared toward travelers. Offers 8 lessons with sound samples, a dictionary, and cultural notes.
- Basic Maltese Grammar - [ Teens/Mature Teens ] - Learn the basics of Maltese including alphabet and numbers. For older students.
- BBC Languages - [ Kids/Teens/Mature Teens ] - Interactive lessons and games with sound clips and videos for learning basic phrases in Spanish, French, English, German, and Italian.
- Bulgarian Basics - [ Kids/Teens/Mature Teens ] - Some basic Bulgarian vocabulary words grouped by topic.
- Dutch for Beginners - [ Kids/Teens/Mature Teens ] - Introduction to Dutch grammar and vocabulary.
- Education Guardian - Language Learning - [ Kids/Teens/Mature Teens ] - Specially selected articles, written and audio, to broaden vocabulary and grammatical skills while also learning more about each country. French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Esperanto - [ Kids/Teens/Mature Teens ] - Fun way to learn about this invented world language. Includes the rules for nouns, adjectives, and verbs, and contains a vocabulary section. May not work well in all browsers.
- French & Spanish with Mr. Russell - [ Teens/Mature Teens ] - Many activities for learning French and Spanish, created by a teacher at Prospect High School in Illinois.
- The Greek Language - [ Mature Teens ] - Information on grammar, pronunciation, and the Greek alphabet. Also has some historical background.
- Hebrew for Me - [ Kids/Teens/Mature Teens ] - A collection of interactive, Hebrew mini-lessons from Jewish/Israel sites around the world.
- Kiswahili Home Page - [ Kids/Teens/Mature Teens ] - Learn about this language that is also known as Swahili. Page includes an introduction to the alphabet, vocabulary words, grammar, nouns, and verbs. Also, includes history of this language that is used today by citizens of Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
- Learn Dutch - [ Teens/Mature Teens ] - Online language course covering vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation.
- Learn to Speak Swahili - [ Kids/Teens ] - Translates common words and phrases from English to Swahili. Pronunciation can be heard with the use of RealPlayer.
- Learning Latvian On-line - [ Kids/Teens ] - Learn about the Latvian alphabet and how to say everyday greetings. Page includes spoken sound files and a short review quiz. Second section may require the addition of special fonts.
- LingoZone - [ Teens/Mature Teens ] - Place to learn languages and meet people from all over the world. Uses My Vocabulary, a tool that creates word lists and manages them.
- The Lithuanians - [ Kids/Teens ] - Learn the alphabet and some words, along with sound files. Also, has stories with voice narration. Includes links to radio, music and genealogy links.
- Say Hello to the World - [ Kids/Teens ] - Learn to say "hello" in over 30 different languages, plus find links to resources about the languages, the cultures, and language learning on the Web. From the Internet Public Library.