Top: Reference: Education: Organizations:
|This category in other languages:|
- AIMS Education Foundation - - A non-profit, independent organization which administers a rapidly growing and increasingly complex educational materials development program.
- American Educational Research Association (AERA) - - An organization concerned with improving the educational process by encouraging scholarly inquiry related to education and by promoting the dissemination and practical application of research results. AERA is the most prominent international professional organization with the primary goal of advancing educational research and its practical application.
- Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI) - - Works to promote and support in the global community the optimal education and development of children, from birth through early adolescence, and to influence the professional growth of educators and the efforts of others who are committed to the needs of children in a changing society.
- Association for Community Colleges (ACC) - - An organization of young people in Europe that advocates the creation of a network of community colleges to study European character and culture. Information on programs and events, group statutes, and membership.
- Association for the Promotion of Campus Activities - - National campus activities organization servicing the needs of campus programming departments and other campus organizations. Provides a network to meet other campuses, new programming vendors, and new talent for your campus activities program.
- Bibliotecas Para La Gente - - The Northern California chapter of REFORMA, the National Organization to Promote Library and Information Services to Latinos and the Spanish-Speaking. Details about the group, membership, materials and outreach efforts, links to related sites, and contact information.
- The Boyer Center - - Advances the vision of Ernest L. Boyer, Sr. by encouraging renewal in school and community, conducting research on critical education issues, providing resources which advocate integrated approaches to teaching and learning.
- Building With Books - - Builds (through student fundraising) schoolhouses in third-world countries and translates the experiences into social studies and English materials (videos, pictures) for American high schools.
- Campus Compact - - Dedicated to promoting community service in higher education.
- Center for Academic Transformation - - The center's mission is to serve as a source of expertise and support for those in higher education who wish to take advantage of the capabilities of information technology to transform their academic practices.
- The Center for Law and Education - - Strives to make the right of all students to quality education a reality throughout America and to help enable communities to address their own public education problems effectively, with an emphasis on assistance to low-income students and communities.
- The Center for Partnership Studies - - A non-profit organization working to create a more peaceful, equitable and sustainable world through cultural transformation. Includes programs, books, education program, tapes, interviews and links.
- The Classical Association - - Gives information about classical events, membership of the Association and its academic publications. Includes the very useful list of classicists in UK universities and institutions.
- The Concord Consortium - - A nonprofit educational research organization devoted to educational innovation worldwide through creative technologies.
- Convivial (Belgium) - - Workshops about team building and conflict solving: Cooperative games, mediation, and teaching children to negotiate. [English and French.
- CORD - - A national nonprofit organization dedicated to leading change in education through projects and programs that prepare students for the technological workplace of the future.
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) - - An international association of education advancement officers, who include alumni administrators, fund raisers, public relations managers, publications editors, and government relations officers. To help people advance the cause of education.
- The Dictionary Project - - Nonprofit organization that provides free dictionaries to 3rd-grade students. Lists U.S. state and international projects, and ways for individuals to sponsor a project.
- Fire Prevention Ring - - Organization consisting of Fire Prevention educators from around the world, all material is presented in forms of fire prevention and education for the entire family.
- Follow A Dream, Inc. - - Non-profit educational organization. The founder, who was blinded and lost his senses of sight and smell in a catastrophic accident, gives speeches and teaches that with adversity comes opportunity.
- Forum for Spiritual Education - - An association of centers, organizations and individuals committed to the promotion and provision of spiritual education and spirituality in learning.
- Hamilton Association - - Canadian not-for-profit offers free public lecture schedule and special events "for the Advancement of Literature, Science and Art".
- Kashmir Education Foundation - - A non-political, non-governmental and non-profit organization dedicated to promotion of quality education in rural areas of Pakistan and Azad Kashmir.
- Learning Sciences - - An interdisciplinary research and development lab dedicated to applying principles of cognitive science, computer science, artificial intelligence, and educational theory to improving the way people learn.
- The Marine Society - - Committed to the education, training, and well being of professional seafarers.
- National Association of Head Teachers (NAHT) - - Professional Association serving all Heads and Deputies in all sectors of Education in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Includes profile, services, documents and membership information.
- The National Beta Club - - Promotes character, develops leadership skills, encourages service involvement, recognizes achievement, and provides technological advantages to students in grades 5 - 12.
- National Tutoring Association - - The NTA is a non-profit membership-supported tutoring association. Members represent colleges, universities, school districts, and literacy programs.
- Not My kId - - A not-for-profit organization dedicated to serving the interests of youth and families who are at-risk for drug abuse, delinquency, early school withdrawal, family dysfunction, teen pregnancy, and other behavioral health problems.
- Our Developing World - - A nonprofit educational project dedicated to bringing the realities of the "third world" and the richness of diverse cultures to North Americans.
- Parent Academic Resources Inc (PARI) - - Believes that a parent is a child's most important teacher. To this end PARI is committed to helping promote effective learning in the home.
- Partnership for America's Future - - Provides programs that are designed to get students to use their education now to solve real-world business and educational problems for financial reward.
- Peace Education Foundation - - A non-profit educational organization that offers grade-specific, research-based conflict resolution and mediation curricula for K-12, as well as regional and on-site training.
- Peaceful Schools International - - Provides support to schools wishing to have a peaceful atmosphere. Members, activities, reports, and related links.
- Reforma - - U.S. association to promote library services to the Spanish speaking.
- School Councils UK - - Educational charity provides training for teachers and pupils, in mainstream and special schools, to set up effective structures for pupil involvement.
- Sunflower County Freedom Project - - A group of local citizens working together with former Teach for America teachers to improve the educational opportunities in the Mississippi Delta area. Find details about the region, the organization, its teachers, students and curriculum.
- TRIO - - A federally funded program committed to providing access to postsecondary education to low-income and potential first generation college secondary school students, beginning at the sixth grade through the 12th grade.
- Western Training Provider Network - - Modern Apprenticeship information service for businesses and for young people in the Bath, Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset area. Discusses benefits, operations, and occupations open to Modern Apprenticeship.