Top: Science: Biology: Flora_and_Fauna: Plantae:
|This category in other languages:|
- Arctic-Alpine Tundra Project - - Digital online flora of the arctic-alpine regions of eastern North America including Quebec, Labrador, Newfoundland and New England. Profiles the wildflowers and ferns of Mt. Washington and other mountains.
- Atlas of Florida Vascular Plants - - A searchable database compiled by the Institute of Systematic Botany at the University of South Florida with maps, citations, and images and species lists for each county.
- Australian Native Plants - - Photographs of Australian plants with fact sheets, distribution maps and conservation note.
- Botany.cz - - Provides a virtual herbarium with photographs and descriptions of a range of species, a catalogue of localities and information on endangered and protected plants in the Czech Republic.
- CalFlora Database - - Searchable database all 8375 currently recognized vascular plants in California, including 20000 photographs.
- Canary Islands Flora - - Detailed information and photos of the habitats and plants of these volcanic islands off the coast of Africa.
- Caudiciforms - - Information and photos of many species of caudiciforms - plants with thickened bases.
- Climbers of Guyana - - Vegetative key to the climbing plant species of the Mabura Hill region, Guyana, South America.
- E-Flora BC - - Electronic atlas project for the plants of British Columbia, covering life forms from vascular plants to algae, and topics from identification to scientific collections.
- eFloras - - Collection of online floras, including the Flora of China, Flora of North America, Flora of Missouri, Flora of Pakistan, and Trees and Shrubs of the Andes of Ecuador.
- Encyclopedia of Plants - - Browsable encylcopedia of plants providing botanical names, symbols and details for over 90,000 species.
- Flora brasiliensis - - Online version of the series of books produced between 1840 and 1906 by editors Carl Friedrich Philipp von Martius, August Wilhelm Eichler and Ignatz Urban with the participation of 65 specialists. [English and Portuguese versions].
- Flora Cretica - - The Flora of the Mediterranean Island of Crete covering all the wild and natural plants found there. Includes flowering calendar, identification of species and suggestions for finding plants but the images are only available to members. Multilingual.
- Flora Danica Online - - One of the world’s great botanical works, this was started in 1752 but not completed until 1883. The 3,240 engravings in folio of all the wild plants of Denmark are now available online.
- Flora Nordica - - A search for Swedish and Latin botanical names, classified by family.
- Flora of China - - An international collaborative effort to publish the first English language account of China's vascular plants.
- Flora of Europe - - Photographic herbarium organized by plant family and genus, with botanical descriptions and photos. Personal project, with about 60 families represented.
- Flora of North America - - A systematic accounts of the plant species of North America north of Mexico. Includes names, relationships, characteristics, and distribution.
- Flora of Northern Ireland - - A plant database with photographs, information on rare plants and their habitats, searchable by habitat, species, plant family and common names.
- FloraBase - The Flora of Western Australia - - Authoritative scientific information on 12,000 taxa in Western Australia, including maps, images, descriptions, specimen, and nomenclatural information. Requires registration.
- herbaria@home - - Web-based volunteer project to digitize and catalog museum and university herbarium collections held in the UK.
- Hong Kong Flora and Vegetation - - Discusses plant diversity and adaptations and how plants improve the air and water quality, prevent soil erosion and water runoff, and provide food and shelter for the local fauna. Includes information on plant study sites and trails chosen by the Quality Education Fund and a checlist of plant species.
- Index Nominum Genericorum - - A collaborative project of the International Association for Plant Taxonomy and the Smithsonian Institution, providing a compilation of generic names published for all organisms covered by the International Code of Botanical Nomenclature.
- Jordan Flora - - Images of native plants in Jordan with no explanatory text.
- Kingdom: Plantae - - A growing directory of the hierarchy from Kingdom down to species. Includes descriptive pages on selected species.
- Land Plants Online - - Southern Illinois University's guide to the taxonomic and evolutionary relations among terrestrial plants, with extensive links to other resources.
- National Plant Data Center - - Responsible for the PLANTS database, which focuses on the vascular and non-vascular plants of the United States and its territories, including checklists, species abstracts, distribution data, crop information, plants symbols and plant growth data.
- Northern Arizona Flora - - A photographic, annotated catalog of wild vascular plants in Northern Arizona, arranged by families and scientific name. Includes synonymy and distribution of each taxon.
- Pacific Northwest Plants - - Provides a database for plant identification, culture and usage for the Northwest, including native and introduced species and their major varieties and cultivars.
- Photo Herbarium - - Einar Vaernes has produced a photograph gallery of Norwegian plants that he has photographed near Trondheim.
- Plants for a Future - - Information about a wide range of edible or otherwise useful plants, sorted by names and potential uses. Includes a searchable database.
- PLANTS National Database - - Online USDA database of information, images, and links on plants in the USA, including crops and invasives. Search by name, geographic distribution, or other characteristics.
- Texas Flora - - Txflora is a dynamic plant search and identification guide for the flora of Texas.
- Tree List - - Offers users the facility to upload tree photographs with details of species, height and location so that they can appear on Google Maps.
- Tropicos - - Publicly accessible botanical database organizing millions of plant specimens, images, and bibliographic references, from the Bioinformatics Department at the Missouri Botanical Garden.
- West African Plants - - A photo guide and identification tool for vascular plants of West Africa with an easy to use multi-entry key of 18 characters.
- Wisconsin Vascular Plant Species - - A checklist of naturally occurring vascular plants in Wisconsin with photographs, distribution maps and habitat descriptions.
- World Checklist of Selected Plant Families - - Enter a family, genus, or genus and species to see accepted names and world distribution of plants in 150 families. Maintained by the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew, Surrey, UK.