Top: Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Conservation: Fish: Sharks:
- Bite-Back - - Information about the species and the threats to their survival imposed by consumer demands. Discover news, information and links.
- The IUCN/SSC Shark Specialist Group - - Information about the species and the threats to shark populations. Features mission statement, newsletter, publications and contact details.
- Pelagic Shark Research Foundation - - To help address the lack of data, and contribute to public awareness of the issues involved in shark conservation, the Pelagic Shark Research Foundation (PSRF) was formed as a nonprofit research and education group in 1990.
- Shark Conservation and Ecology Research - - Information on DNA forensics and monitoring the fin trade from a project being conducted at the Guy Harvey Research Institute in Florida. Find information on current activities and how to participate in the research effort.
- Shark Foundation - - International organization dedicated to the protection and preservation of endangered species. Find mission statement, information on lectures, tours and current research projects.
- Shark Research Institute - - Shark research and conservation worldwide. Programs include ocean advocacy, education, satellite tracking and DNA studies.
- The Shark Trust - - Organization dedicated to the conservation of species in general, including rays and skates. Find news, photos, information on joining and making donations.
- Sharks - - Details on the status, conservation, and management of sharks, in particular grey nurse and great white sharks, in Australian waters.
- The Thresher Shark Research and Conservation Project - - A five year scientific study on the behaviour of thresher sharks which frequent Malapascua Island. Details include volunteer internship expeditions, conservation objectives, current results and partnerships.
- Watching Out for Sharks - - Article describes the research and conservation efforts of the California Pelagic Shark Tagging Program. Includes a discussion of population status in California waters. (December 19, 2003)
- BBC News: Increase in Shark Sightings - - Article provides information on research from the Marine Conservation Society suggesting that basking shark populations may be beginning to recover in British waters. (August 29, 2003)