Top: Science: Physics: Education: Interactive_Animations:
- BlackBody Spectrum Applet - - Shows the relation between wavelength, emitted power, and peak wavelength for a blackbody (Planck's function).
- Build a Solar System - - A table to help build or draw a scale model of the solar system. Specify the size of the sun and the sizes of and distances between various objects are calculated.
- Davidson Physlet Problems - - Physics applets plus the source code. Links to other applet sites and authors are here as well.
- Galileo and Einstein - - Michael Fowler's physics lectures from the University of Virginia. Includes a collection of physics simulations in JAVA and Flash.
- Interactive Color Wheel - - The SIH wheel is a Java applet that allows a person to view relationships between color (saturation, intensity, and hue) and luma.
- Interactive Physics and Math with Java - - A set of more than 20 scientifically accurate educational applets which mostly cover the course of Introductory Physics or material close to it. This site is mirrored a number of places on the net.
- JOrrery - - Simulates the motion of planets moving under gravity. It comes with a number of initial "scenarios." Can also add more planets during a simulation.
- Mark's Quantum Mechanics Applets - - A collection of sample Java applets which demonstrate various aspects of quantum mechanics, including the Hydrogen atom and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle.
- Nori's Physics Page - - Java applets and Quicktime movies of physics simulations such as solar system, ideal gas, wave interference, and the Doppler effect.
- PBS.org - Transistorized! Web Site Interactives - - Features two interactive games related to the development of transitors. The object of the Periodic Puzzle is to line up tiles to match a section of the periodic table of the elements. The Wafer Maker is a fast-paced game where the user grows silicon crystals to make transistors.
- The Pendulum Lab - - Examine the dynamics of rigid pendula. Includes explanatory text.
- Physics 2000 - - An interactive journey through modern physics. Have fun learning visually and conceptually about 20th century science and high-tech devices. Uses java applets.
- Physics Flash Animations - - Animations sorted by category, and the file size of each animation is included in the listing.
- Physics Illuminations - - A collection of Java applets packaged with explanatory text for use as conceptual homework or student self-study in introductory physics.
- The Physics of Pole Vaulting - - Using very simple physics principles, this program estimates how high you could theoretically vault based on how tall you are and how fast you can run, assuming you had the proper training and optimal efficiency.
- Resonata - - Wave machine with various parameters, with explanatory text.
- Ripple Tank Applet - - Two wave sources in a ripple tank. You set the variables and watch it run.
- SchrodingerSolver - - Solves the one dimensional Schrodinger equation in different potentials.
- UCI Chemistry - Applets - - Educational applets covering irreversibility, chemical kinetics, the second law of thermodynamics, ideal atmosphere, particle in a box (quantum mechanics) and a monte carlo simulation.
- Vector Calculator - - Intended to give students a "feel" for vectors in two dimensions. Specifically, it covers components, magnitude and direction, and vector addition.