Top: Science: Social_Sciences: Archaeology:
|This category in other languages:|
- A gateway to the many articles on archaeology in this online collaborative encyclopedia. Includes news and featured articles and images.
- About.com: Archaeology - - Articles and directory of Internet sites, including a world atlas of archaeology on the web.
- AOR Archaeology - - Downloads, links, and articles concerning methodology, cultures, and terms.
- Archaeolink - - Reviewed and categorized directory of resources on archaeology, anthropology, and ancient civilizations.
- Archaeological Adventure - - A ThinkQuest project explaining the discipline and its methods and techniques. Examples of significant discoveries including Troy, Shiqmim, the Egyptian Pyramids. Glossary.
- Archaeological Research Resources - - Internet directory maintained by Historic Archaeological Research of history and archaeology web sites, including organizations, directories, technical references, online publications.
- Archaeology: An Introduction - - Kevin Greene's selection of Internet links to supplement the 4th edition of his book, by chapter and section, with alphabetical index.
- The Archaeology Channel - - Archaeology and related subjects presented through streaming media by the Oregon-based Archaeological Legacy Institute. Videos can be viewed on-line and purchased.
- Archaeology Info - - Covers significant discoveries from archaeology about human origins. Illustrated descriptions of hominids, with references. Articles, images, bookstore and links.
- Archaeology Pages - - Archaeology related articles and galleries by James Q. Jacobs, covering archaeogeodesy, prehistory, paleoanthropology, the Andes, Mesoamerica, American Southwest and rock art.
- ArchArt - - A directory of photographs for educational use relating to archaeology and art history.
- Archeology - - An introduction by Ragz-International: the subject matter, history, specializations, methods and techniques.
- ARCH-L - - General archaeology listserv from Texas A&M University.
- ArchNet - - The archaeology section of the World Wide Web Virtual Library.
- Cultural Resource Management Network - - Offers a source of jobs, news, announcements, consultant listings, and resources for students and professionals interested in archaeology, historic preservation, museums, and architectural history.
- Saving Antiquities For Everyone - - Highlights issues related to cultural heritage and its vulnerability to looting and the illicit antiquities trade. SAFE's mission is to increase public awareness of the importance of preserving cultural heritage worldwide.
- The Thera Dialogues - - Archaeological sites, by definition, are places where the living wander carelessly among the concentrated shades of the dead.
- What is Archaeology? - - An illustrated introduction from the Department of Anthropology at the University of South Dakota.
- Yahoo Groups: Archaeology - - Descriptive list of all the Yahoo discussion groups on archaeological topics, moderated and unmoderated.