Top: Science: Social_Sciences: Communication: Rhetoric:
- Aristotle's Rhetoric - - Discussion of one of Aristotle's major works; by Christof Rapp. From the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Democracy: Rhetorical Texts - - A catalog of e-texts of important speeches, largely from presidents and historic feminist figures, with research resources. Compiled by Robert Ivie.
- H-Rhetor - - Scholarly discussion board, primarily on rhetoric issues. Linked to H-Net's academic announcements.
- Immediacy of Rhetoric - - Doctoral thesis about immediacy of the internet as a rhetorical forum. Updated in 2002.
- Plato on Rhetoric and Poetry - - Charles Griswold examines Plato's ideas on rhetoric and poetry. With bibliography. From Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- The Power of Words - - A description with examples of twenty types of emotional appeals, fallacious arguments, and other verbal manipulations that touch the heart and manipulate the mind.
- Rhetoric Notes - - Handout of a graduate course on rhetoric and its theory. With texts and background material on classical and early Christian rhetoric.
- Thinking about Words, and Words to Think By - - This site seeks to assist viewers in the use and selection of words in the public discussion. Examines terms such as conflict, nature and belief, and offers a discussion forum.