Top: Science: Social_Sciences: Sociology:
|This category in other languages:|
- SocioSite is a multi-purpose guide for sociologists. Includes useful links to sites around the world. Based in the Netherlands.
- Astrosociology.com - - Astrosociology is a developing sociological subfield and multidisciplinary field that focuses on astrosocial phenomena (i.e., social and cultural patterns related to outer space).
- Boekman Foundation - - The Boekman Foundation is a centre where information about arts and cultural policy is collected and disseminated. It covers the areas of policy-forming and all aspects of implementation. Bilingual en/nl.
- Commission for Applied and Clinical Sociology - - Established by the Society for Applied Sociology and the Sociological Practice Association to develop, promote and support quality sociological education and practice in applied and clinical areas. Michigan State University.
- Courses In Applied Social Surveys (CASS) - - Program of short courses in applied social surveys run by the Southampton Statistical Sciences Research Institute (S3RI) at the University of Southampton. Aims to strengthen skills in survey design and analysis in the social science research community.
- Developmental Idealism Studies - - Developmental Idealism Studies are motivated by the understanding that developmental idealism has been a powerful force for social change in both the West and non-West.
- Guide to Questionnaires and Surveys - - Frédéric D'Astous explains how to create surveys and questionnaires. His articles cover attitude and ethics, the behaviour of groups and populations, data collection, lists and sampling.
- The Internet Sociologist - - A free "teach yourself" tutorial on Internet information skills for sociologists, written by Stuart Macwilliam, Library and Information Services, University of Exeter. It is one of a set tutorials within the RDN Virtual Training Suite, created by subject-specialists from universities and professional organisations across the UK.
- Introduction to Social Theory - - Course syllabus and lectures by Paul Gingrich of the University of Regina Department of Sociology and Social Studies. Covers work of Marx, Durkheim, Weber, Mead, and 20th century theorists.
- LLEK Bookmarks Scientific Search Engines - Sociology - - A comprehensive catalog of scientific resources and media worldwide but especially in German and English: Directories of Sociology Journals; Sociology-related catalogs of scientific search engines; additional starting points and sites of special interest.
- Po Bronson's Blog - - Author Po Bronson, author of "Why Do I Love These People?" weblogs about family issues and statistics about families.
- Progressive Sociology Network - - PSN is a moderated list devoted to the examination of issues of theoretical and political importance to sociologists.
- The Question Bank - - The Centre for Applied Social Surveys [CASS] Question Bank (Qb) is a store of complete UK social survey questions, questionnaires and response forms.
- SIDOS - - Swiss information and data archive service for the social sciences: Provides information about research in social sciences - archives research data - facilitates secondary data analysi.
- Social Capital - - Contains useful resources for researchers interested in social capital and in its relationship with economic development. The website is edited by Fabio Sabatini, of the University of Rome La Sapienza.
- Social Network Analysis - - This page is the starting point for Sociology 157, an undergraduate introductory course on social network analysis. It contains the text book online, and bibliographical resources for sociologists.
- Social Statistics - - Database of questions and the statistical information derived from replies, created by means of answers given by voluntary Internet users.
- The SocioLog - - Julian Dierkes' comprehensive guide to sociology on-lin.
- Sociologia.de - - Sociology resources in English, German, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Sociologist At Large - - Explore the world of sociology, discuss issues, and other interesting discoveries.
- Sociology Central - - Sociology web site offering free resources for Sociology teachers and students.
- Sociopranos - - Multiple fora for the discussion of sociology topics.
- The SocioWeb - - An independent guide to sociological resources on the Internet.
- Theory.org.uk - - Media studies and gender studies with content on queer theory, gender, Foucault, Judith Butler, media influences, cyber culture, role models, and critical theory. Produced by Dr David Gauntlett, University of Leeds, UK.
- Understanding the World Today - - Reports about global social, political, economic and demographic changes. Links to theory, research, data and free software.
- Wadsworth's Virtual Society - - Site dedicated to the academic world of sociology and social science in general. Site accompanies the book The Practice of Social Research.