Top: Society: Issues: Business:
|This category in other languages:|
- B Corporation - - Provides a framework and certification for companies wishing to benefit society as well as their shareholders.
- Business & Human Rights Resource Centre - - Covers over 1000 companies, over 160 countries, over 150 topics. The site is composed of links to a wide range of materials published by companies, NGOs, governments, intergovernmental organisations, journalists, academics, etc. It includes reports of corporate misconduct as well as positive examples of "best practice" by companies.
- Center for Global Ethics - - Dialogue among representatives of all major religious groups plus global business code of ethics.
- Child Slave Labor News - - Information on companies worldwide that are known to use sweatshop labor and child labor. Also some Good companies. Produced by Immaculata High School students.
- The Cluetrain Manifesto - - Corporate activists seeking to put a human touch back into the corporate world through the use of technology.
- Corporate Predators - - Corporate Predators: The Hunt for Mega-Profits and the Attack on Democracy. This book by Mokhiber and Weissman details corporate operations that threaten human rights and relations.
- Democracy Watch - - An Ottawa-based non-profit, non-partisan citizen advocacy organization that focuses on democratic reform and government and corporate accountability in Canada.
- ENDespair Project - - To Transform the "World of Work" by an informal, expanding coalition of citizens concerned about what's happening in the business world.
- Expose of The Bilderberg Club - - "...somebody has to take governments' place, and business seems to me to be a logical entity to do it." - David Rockefelle.
- Fair Trade Federation - - FTF is an association of businesses committed to providing fair wages and good employment opportunities to economically disadvantaged artisans and farmers worldwide. Standards are relevant to corporate operations.
- The Fairtrade Foundation - - Seeks to tackle the exploitation of workers in developing countries by giving consumers the opportunity to buy products that guarantee a better deal to producers. Information resources and a report on coffee farmers and international trade.
- Foreign Policy and Corporate Operations - - Research paper on U.S. policy in Asian Pacific Econ Cooperative: Does (1) US promotes an economic model that downplays human rights and sustainable development. (2) U.S. policy has focused on enhancing U.S. corporate interests rather than addressing the social and ecological costs of the current economic crisis.
- Joho the Blog - - David Weinberger weblog talks about the Internet, online communities, his book "Everything Is Miscellaneous," and occasionally politics.
- Military-Industrial Complex Revisited - - Asks if there are certain corporate operations inextricably connected with what U.S. President Eisenhower called "The Military-Industrial Complex".
- Multinational Monitor - - Tracks corporate activity, especially in the Third World, focusing on the export of hazardous substances, worker health and safety, labor union issues and the environment.
- Multinationals and Mother Earth - - Do global capital flows inherently challenge the environment? White paper on corporate operations, as they affect the environment today.
- RAFI: Rural Advancement Foundation - - Canada based nonprofit, activist group's site. Their goals are conservation and sustainable improvement of agricultural biodiversity; socially responsible development of technologies useful to rural societies. RAFI does not "pull its punches" on its white papers.
- Robert A. G. Monks - - This former corporate insider and former Maine-based U.S. Congressman has written several insightful looks at how corporations' operations may be inherently destructive to the environment, human beings, and our rights with ideas on improving the situation.
- Students against Lethality - - Subscription page of Students for Change, permits networking with other activists on businesses affecting Human Rights.
- Students for Informed Career Decisions - - Provides information sheets on the environmental and labor practices of corporations that recruit on college campuses - including Disney, which is embroiled in a labor controversy.
- Transparency International - - International coalition against corruption in international business transactions and seeking increased government accountability.
- XAT Peaceful Revolution Network - - A barter organization uses XAT units as an alternative to money to purchase goods and services. Writings on the history of money and a Journey guide.