Top: Society: Issues: Business: Media:
- Chomsky is one of America's most prominent political dissidents. A renowned professor of linguistics at MIT, he has authored over 30 political books, which repeatedly highlight the vital role of the mainstream media in implictly setting the parameters for debate, and "Manufacturing Consent" for actrocious policies. The searchable archive contains volumes of papers, and several complete books.
- Free the Media - - Includes a calendar of events, how to get involved, a forum, and a list of resources.
- Media Tycoon - - RealVideo copy of an ABC pilot show made by Australia's John Safran that criticises the media and news reporting. Satirically styled, it includes 'tips' on how to get on the nightly news, how to get a music video on Rage and how to get a movie onto the video shelves.
- NutraSweet Soured on the Truth - - In 1998, Fox Television stations, allegedly fearful of Monsanto's lawyers, dropped a documentary in which NutraSweet was criticized. Covers the high-profile lawsuit involving the reporters of that program.
- PR Watch - Center for Media & Democracy - - Asserts that citizens today find themselves confronted by a bewildering array of hired propagandists paid to convince the public that junk food is nutritious, pollution is harmless, and what's good for big business and big government is good for everyone.
- The Television Project - - Helps parents understand how television affects their families and community and proposes alternatives that foster positive emotional, cognitive, and spiritual development within families and communities.
- Treasure State Review - - Montana periodical devoted to journalism and justice that is published and edited by Nathaniel Blumberg of WoodFIREAshes Press.