Top: Society: Issues: Children,_Youth_and_Family:
|This category in other languages:|
- A focal point for policy development, research, and strategic analysis of trends regarding broad determinants of health regarding children and youth in Canada. - Public awareness and engagement campaign to make early childhood development a national priority, emphasizing the importance of the first three years of life for emotional and intellectual growth.
- Action for Child Protection - - A consulting and training organization providing resources and technical assistance to national, state and county child welfare professionals and agencies primarily in the area of child protective services.
- Brothers and Sisters - - Offers a Christian perspective and practical tools on building successful relationships between brothers and sisters.
- Center for the Study of Social Policy - - Strives to help states and localities implement strategies that strengthen disadvantaged communities and ensure that children grow up healthy, safe, successful in school, and ready for productive adulthood.
- Center on Media and Child Health - - Educates children, parents, and the public on media and their effects on the physical, mental, and social health of all children.
- Chapin Hall Center for Children - - A research center located at the University of Chicago that informs policymakers, service providers, and administrators on issues affecting the well being of children. Projects, publications, and newsletter.
- Child Trends - - An independent, nonpartisan research center dedicated to improving the lives of children and their families. Projects, news, and publications.
- Child Trends DataBank - - National trends and research on key indicators of child and youth well-being. News, data, and research briefs.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway - - A service of the Children's Bureau, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Provides access to print and electronic publications, websites, and online databases on topics such as child welfare, child abuse and neglect, adoption, and search and reunion.
- The Child Well-Being Index - - Produced by Duke University researchers, the Child Well-Being Index is an evidence-based measure of trends over time in the quality of life or well-being of America’s children and young people. Description of index, data, and press information.
- Children and the Law - - Established in 1978, the ABA Center on Children and the Law's mission is to improve children's lives through advances in law, justice, knowledge, practice, and public policy.
- Children and Violence - - Provides resources for researchers and others interested in issues related to violence and children.
- Children's Bureau Express - - An online, monthly digest designed for professionals concerned with child abuse and neglect, child welfare, and adoption.
- Children's Partnership - - Undertakes research and policy analysis, publishes reports and multimedia materials, and forges new alliances among parents, policymakers and the private sector to achieve tangible gains for children.
- The Children's Society - - A UK based organization that assists street children, disabled children, young refugees, and children in trouble with the law. News, events, and donation and volunteer information.
- Childstats.gov - - Provides statistical reports on the status of U.S. children and their families, including population, family characteristics, economic security, health, environment, education. From the Federal Interagency Forum on Child and Family Statistics.
- Childwelfare.com - - Provides publications and data at the state and national level on adoption, child abuse, welfare reform, foster care, and child poverty.
- The Comic Book Project - - A project of Teachers College, Columbia University that engages children in a creative process leading to literacy reinforcement, social awareness, and character development. Student galleries, publications, and news.
- Connect For Kids - - Information for adults who want to make their communities better places for children. News, a directory of groups working on behalf of children and families, and articles on many parenting topics.
- cpinfo - - The child policy service of the National Children's Bureau of the UK. It provides information on issues relating to children and young people from Westminster and Whitehall.
- D.A.R.E. - - Provides children with the information and skills they need to live drug and violence free lives.
- D-aRts Youth Organization - - As an after school arts initiative, D-aRts plans events for youth ages 14 to 20 with its main focus being to get youth involved with the arts. Currently our event productions include, Spoken Word, Fine Arts, Dance, Music, Fashion.
- Deliver The Dream - - A respite and retreat program that serves families facing serious illness or crisis by helping them to enhance coping skills, reduce stress and cultivate relationships. Press releases, newsletter, information on retreat weekends, and volunteer opportunities.
- Embracing the Child - - Provides children's books and other reading material to organizations that serve at-risk children such as safe houses, foster care facilities, and emergency shelters.
- Evaluation and Research Database - - A UNICEF database that contains evaluations, studies and surveys related to UNICEF programs. Reports can be sorted by country, by region, by theme or by date.
- Families Commission - - The Families Commission is a government agency that is an advocate for New Zealand families. It funds research, seeks the views of the community, and works to influence government family policy.
- familyfacts.org - - Sponsored by the Heritage Foundation, this site presents findings on the family, society and religion from peer-reviewed journals, books and government surveys.
- For Kids' Sake - - A weblog discussing the issues that affect children across the world; from child abuse, to poverty, to child soldiers, to education, to medication, and everything else. Also includes ways for people to make a difference.
- Forum for Youth Investment - - Seeks to help organizations and individuals in the allied youth fields by providing research, publications, and issue discussions. Resources, news, and the periodic publication Forum Focus.
- The Future of Children - - Online publication by the David and Lucile Packard Foundation whose primary purpose is to disseminate timely information on major issues related to children's well-being.
- Glasgow Centre for the Child and Society - - Academic and documentation centre based at the University of Glasgow which conducts research, offers teaching, consultancy and policy advice primarily in the areas of child welfare, children's rights, child protection and young people and crime. Services list, recent publications, and scholar profiles included.
- Happen Inc. - - A unique, non-profit organization in Cincinnati, Ohio that helps parents and their children share creative, bonding experiences using art as the medium. Classes, community programs, and volunteer opportunities.
- Houston Family Foundation - - A non-profit, Christ-centered organization dedicated to helping parents raise children and build families with virtue.
- How to Make a Family - - Columns, essays, and advice on issues pertinent to "family" in both its broadest and most intimate contexts.
- Invest in Kids - - A nonprofit organization in Canada focused on early childhood development. Research, publications, and resources for parents and professionals.
- Journey of a Missionary - - Assists children and families in Libano, Columbia. Programs, newsletter, Viatorian Center, and donation information.
- Kids First! - - Evaluates, rates, and endorses video, film, software, and other media products designed for children using a volunteer, community-based jury comprising professionals, teachers, parents, and children. Reviews, articles, and newsletter.
- Kids First Coalition - - Seeks to promote and encourage traditional families. Policy initiatives, congressional testimony, and press releases.
- Kidsdata - - Lists and tracks information on 30 health topics for children in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties in Northern California, and shows comparable California and U.S. data where available.
- kidsnutrition.org - - A site by the Children's Nutrition Research Center (CNRC) of the Baylor College of Medicine. Research, news, and information and resources for parents.
- Local Investment Commission - - An effort by the state of Missouri to work with citizens, businesses, and civic and labor leaders to improve the lives of children and families in Kansas City and Jackson County. Initiatives, news, and data.
- Middle of Somewhere - - Web magazine for children of missionary families. Published by students from the American Christian School in Japan.
- Military HOMEFRONT - - Department of Defense web site providing information on military children and youth issues, programs, initiatives, and military and civilian partnerships.
- MissouriFamilies - - Affiliated with the University of Missouri at Columbia, the site provides information on health, nutrition, finances, housing, divorce, parenting, and childcare. Articles, quick answers, workshops, and newsletter.
- National Guard Youth Challenge Program - - A structured, quasi-military training and mentoring program affiliated with the National Guard for at-risk youth that develops the life skills, educational levels and employment potential of 16-18 year old high-school drop-out.
- Office for Children in Victoria - - Focused on the health, safety, development, learning and wellbeing of children, young people and families in Victoria, Australia.
- Ounce of Prevention Fund of Florida - - A non-profit organization that supports innovative programs that assist at-risk children and their families. Child abuse prevention initiatives, fatherhood programs, Circle of Parents support group, and Healthy Families Florida program.
- Parents Helping Parents - - Free and ongoing support groups throughout Massachusetts for parents, or other adults in a parenting role, who feel isolated, overwhelmed, or afraid of their anger towards their children. Parent stories, group locations, and volunteer and donation opportunities.
- Pre-K Now - - Collaborates with advocates and policymakers in a movement to provide high-quality, voluntary pre-kindergarten education for all three and four year olds.
- The Prevention Researcher Online - - A quarterly newsletter about At-Risk Youth. Includes abstracts and references as well as full length articles on At-Risk Youth issues such as teen violence, teen pregnancy prevention, substance abuse, dating violence and eating disorders.
- Project Destiny of Hope - - An organization in Baltimore, Maryland that seeks to make effective leaders and productive citizens of at-risk youths and teens through interest driven programs.
- Promising Practices Network - - Features programs and practices that credible research indicates are effective in improving outcomes in the areas of child health, child safety, schooling, and family well-being. Sections on proven and promising programs, research in brief, and strengthening service delivery.
- Social Capital Partners - - Invests in and incubates revenue-generating social enterprises that employ at-risk youth and other populations outside the economic mainstream in Canada.
- The Stepfamily Life - - A weekly column highlighting the joys and unique challenges of stepfamily living.
- Toll-Free Numbers for Health Information - - A list of toll-free numbers, and description of services, on health topics compiled by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Several topics related to children are included. [PDF.
- Who's Minding the Children? - - Essays about parenting and childcare, and about society's treatment of important issues that affect children.
- Working With Children Checks - - Explains the compulsory screening system in Western Australia, and the legislation on which it is based. Also provides forms, factsheets and FAQ.
- Youth as Resources - - Supports young people in funding, designing, and implementing service projects in their communities.
- Youth On Track - - American Freedom Assembly is a non-profit corporation concerned for today's youth. The founder travels across the country speaking to America's youth at schools, camps and churches. The site also provides a newsletter and a speaking schedule.
- YouthAction Net - - Provides a virtual community for young leaders. Discussion forum, virtual library, events, and profiles of young leaders around the globe.