Top: Society: Issues: Education:
|This category in other languages:|
- America Counts - - National Commission on Mathematics and Science Teaching for the 21st Century.
- Edexhell - Success through Disqualification - - Campaigning for investigation into the UK examination board Edexcel, after a series of errors in papers, marking and information. Petition, timeline and other campaign details.
- Education Matters - Essays on Public Education - - Sandra Nichols writes about bilingual education, safe schools, small schools and the importance of trust and good communication between students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
- Education Week - - Weekly news on American education issues. Searchable archives.
- Educational Pathways to Power - - An address by Hilary Lips - recipient of the New Zealand Federation of University Women's Distinguished American Scholar Award - and distributed by Radford University's Center for Gender Studies.
- Equity Center - - Committed to helping public school personnel embrace the key concepts of equity and eliminate bias and discrimination in the context of their day-to-day activities.
- Future of Freedom Foundation: Education - - Collected essays presenting a libertarian perspective on the U.S. education system. Among the issues addressed are vouchers, compulsory attendance laws, and school violence.
- Global Campaign for Education - - Promotes education as a basic human right, and mobilizes public pressure on governments and the international community to provide free, compulsory public basic education for all people. Includes news, resources, and action plans.
- Joannejacobs.com - - Weblog of the freelance writer and former San Jose Mercury News columnist. Most entries are about education issues, both college and precollege.
- The Kid-Safe Network - - A nation-wide educational program to teach children and parents about the dangers of child molesters. Learn special methods to avoid these dangers.
- Media Visions - - Articles and essays by journalist Ken Freed, covering issues related to literacy and educational technology.
- Moral Issues in Education - - Research articles and other essays regarding character education in the United States and Japan, by Taku Ikemot.
- National Center on Education and the Economy - - Policies, tools, technical assistance and professional development that people everywhere can use to design and implement effective standards-based education and training systems.
- NPR : Homework: How Much is Too Much? - - NPR presents a multi-part series on homework -- how educators are balancing mandates to improve test scores against a chronic lack of resources and the need for children to have enough time to be children. [Four segments, each in Realaudio format..
- Our Nation's Kids: Is Something Wrong? - - A report on people's thinking in national issues forums. This report describes what happened as people deliberated about issues related to our nation's kids: the values they drew on, the considerations they took into account, the costs and consequences they weighed as they talked, listened to others, and had time to reflect on the issue.
- The Right to Education Project - - A resource on the status of the right to education as outlined by the United Nations, supporting the work of the UN Special Rapporteur on education. Includes links to allied organizations.
- NPR : Hearing Voices: High School's 'Quiet Kids' - - Producer Hilary Frank of the Hearing Voices radio project presents the voices of some quiet kids, teenagers, who feel isolated from the cultural life of their high schools. The story originally aired on member station WBEZ's Chicago Matters. [4:07 streaming audio broadcast] (March, 2005)