1977 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1967 . 1968 . 1969 . 1970 . 1971 . 1972 . 1973 ...
1974 1975 1976 -1977- 1978 1979 1980
... 1981 . 1982 . 1983 . 1984 . 1985 . 1986 . 1987 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1977 in architecture involved some significant events.
- January 31 - The Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris, designed by Renzo Piano, Richard Rogers and Gianfranco Franchini, is opened.
- Sainsbury Centre at the University of East Anglia in Norwich, England, designed by Norman Foster.
- The Citigroup Center in Manhattan, New York, United States is completed however was discovered to be structurally unsound.
- The Fernmeldeturm Nürnberg in Nürnberg, Germany is completed.
- The MLC Centre in Sydney, Australia is completed and opened.
- The Torre Espacial in Buenos Aires, Argentina is completed.
- The Silberturm in Frankfurt am Main, Germany is completed.
- The Harbour Centre in Vancouver, Canada is completed.
- The Renaissance Center in Detroit, Michigan is completed.
- AIA Gold Medal - Richard Neutra (posthumous)
- Architecture Firm Award - Sert Jackson and Associates
- Grand prix national de l'architecture - Paul Andreu; Roland Simounet
- RAIA Gold Medal - Ronald Gilling
- RIBA Royal Gold Medal - Denys Lasdun
- Twenty-five Year Award - Christ Lutheran Church
- A Pattern Language by Christopher Alexander, Sara Ishikawa and Murray Silverstein is published.
- The Language of Postmodern Architecture by Charles Jencks is published.