1987 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)|
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1977 . 1978 . 1979 . 1980 . 1981 . 1982 . 1983 ...
1984 1985 1986 -1987- 1988 1989 1990
... 1991 . 1992 . 1993 . 1994 . 1995 . 1996 . 1997 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1987 in architecture involved some significant events.
- The Menil Collection, in Houston, Texas, United States, designed by architect Renzo Piano, is opened to the public.
- The Riga Radio & TV Tower in Riga, Latvia is completed.
- One Liberty Place in Philadelphia, United States is completed.
- One Atlantic Center in Atlanta, Georgia, United States is completed.
- The Shaanxi Provincial TV Tower in Xian, China is completed.
- Comerica Bank Tower in Dallas, Texas, United States is completed.
- Metropolitan Tower in Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States is completed.
- The JPMorgan Chase Tower in Dallas, Texas, United States is completed.
- The tower at Stade Olympique et La Tour de Montréal in Montreal, Quebec, Canada is completed after a number of strikes by workers.
- The CenTrust Tower in Miami is completed.
- The original 7 World Trade Center is completed in Lower Manhattan, New York as the final building in the original World Trade Center complex.
- The Clore Gallery at Tate Britain in London, designed by James Stirling, is completed.1
- The Mound Stand at Lord's Cricket Ground in London, designed by Michael Hopkins & Partners, is completed.1
- August 13 - First building in England of post-war design to be Listed: Bracken House in the City of London, designed by Sir Albert Richardson as the Financial Times headquarters (1955–9).2
- Aga Khan Prize - Jean Nouvel for the Institute of the Arab World in Paris.
- Architecture Firm Award - Benjamin Thompson & Associates, Inc..
- Grand prix national de l'architecture - Jean Nouvel.
- Pritzker Prize - Kenzo Tange.
- Prix de l'Équerre d'Argent - Jean Nouvel and Architecture Studio for the Institute of the Arab World in Paris.
- RAIA Gold Medal - Daryl Jackson.
- RIBA Royal Gold Medal - Ralph Erskine.
- Twenty-five Year Award - Bavinger House.
- UIA Gold Medal – Reima Pietila.
- 15 November - Ernő Goldfinger (born 1902)