1991 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1981 . 1982 . 1983 . 1984 . 1985 . 1986 . 1987 ...
1988 1989 1990 -1991- 1992 1993 1994
... 1995 . 1996 . 1997 . 1998 . 1999 . 2000 . 2001 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1991 in architecture involved some significant events.
- One Canada Square at Canary Wharf in London, designed by César Pelli & Associates, becomes the tallest building in the United Kingdom.
- Stansted Airport terminal building in Essex, England, designed by Norman Foster.
- The Tianjin Radio and Television Tower in Tianjin, China is completed.
- Key Tower in Cleveland, Ohio, United States is completed.
- The Messeturm in Frankfurt am Main, Germany is completed.
- Carnegie Hall Tower in Manhattan, New York, United States is completed.
- Bell Atlantic Tower in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States is completed.
- Bourke Place in Melbourne, Australia is completed.
- Melbourne Central in Melbourne, Australia is completed.
- The Friedrich-Clemens-Gerke Turm in Cuxhaven, Lower Saxony, Germany is completed.
- The Guangzhou TV Tower in Guangzhou, China is completed.
- The West Tower of the Stardust Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States is completed.
- 101 Collins Street designed by architects Denton Corker Marshall is completed in Melbourne
- AIA Gold Medal - Benjamin C. Thompson.
- Architecture Firm Award - Zimmer Gunsul Frasca Architects.
- Grand Prix de l'urbanisme - Jean Dellus.
- Grand prix national de l'architecture - Christian Hauvette.
- Pritzker Prize - Robert Venturi.
- Prix de l'Académie d'Architecture de France - Norman Foster.
- RAIA Gold Medal - Donald Bailey.
- Royal Gold Medal - Colin Stansfield Smith.
- Twenty-five Year Award - Sea Ranch Condominium One