1994 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1984 . 1985 . 1986 . 1987 . 1988 . 1989 . 1990 ...
1991 1992 1993 -1994- 1995 1996 1997
... 1998 . 1999 . 2000 . 2001 . 2002 . 2003 . 2004 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1994 in architecture involved some significant events.
- May 6 - The Channel Tunnel connecting Britain and France is opened.
- September 4 - Kansai International Airport in Osaka, Japan, designed by Renzo Piano opens as the longest building in the world.
- Channel 4 Building - home of the Channel 4 television company, designed by the Richard Rogers Partnership, opened on Horseferry Road in Westminster, London.
- The Oriental Pearl Tower in Shanghai, China is completed.
- The Shinjuku Park Tower in the Shinjuku district of Tokyo, Japan is completed.
- The World Trade Center México in Mexico City, Mexico is completed.
- The Qingdao TV Tower in Qingdao, China is completed.
- The International Saddam Tower in Baghdad, Iraq is completed.
- Igualada Cemetery is completed in Catalonia, designed by Enric Miralles and Carme Pinós.
- AIA Gold Medal - Norman Foster.
- Architecture Firm Award - Bohlin Cywinski Jackson.
- Pritzker Prize - Christian de Portzamparc.
- Prix de l'Équerre d'Argent - Henri Gaudin|Henri and Bruno Gaudin.
- RAIA Gold Medal - Neville Quarry.
- Royal Gold Medal - Michael and Patricia Hopkins.
- Twenty-five Year Award - Haystack Mountain School of Crafts