The 1996 German Grand Prix was a Formula One race held on July 28, 1996 at Hockenheimring. Damon Hill started the race on pole position, and won it after Gerhard Berger's engine failed with 3 laps to go.
- Giovanni Lavaggi replaced Giancarlo Fisichella at Minardi for the remainder of the season.
- Though the Forti team arrived, neither of its cars were assembled as the team had run out of money and therefore could not obtain any engines. It closed down shortly afterwards.
Standings after Grand Prix
- Bold text indicates who still has a theoretical chance of becoming World Champion.
- Drivers' Championship standings
- Constructors' Championship standings
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.