2007 NHL Entry Draft
|2007 NHL Draft|
|Date(s)||June 22–23, 2007|
|First selection||Patrick Kane
Selected by: Chicago Blackhawks
The 2007 NHL Entry Draft was the 45th NHL Entry Draft. It was hosted at Nationwide Arena in the city of Columbus, Ohio, United States on June 22, 2007. The draft consisted of seven rounds with rounds two through seven taking place on June 23, 2007.1 The draft was televised on TSN and RDS, with the first round simulcasted in the United States on Versus and in Europe on NASN.
Columbus Blue Jackets' President and General Manager Doug MacLean and the NHL announced the event on March 21, 2006. On March 13, 2007, it was reported that NHL owners had voted in favor of changes to the team ranking system which would begin at the 2007 draft.
- 1 Lottery system
- 2 Draft day trades
- 3 Central Scouting final rankings
- 4 Selections by round
- 5 Draftees Based on Nationality
- 6 Footnotes
- 7 External links
Starting with the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Stanley Cup champion and runner-up will receive the 30th and 29th picks, respectively. The conference finalists will get the 28th and 27th picks, and all other playoff teams will get picks based on their regular season point totals, but with the division winners getting the latest picks even if they had fewer points during the regular season than a non-division winner.
The draft order of the first 14 picks was determined by a lottery involving the non-playoff teams on April 10.2
Under the weighted lottery system, the club with the fewest regular-season points had the greatest chance (25%) of winning the Draft Drawing and could pick no lower than second at the 2007 Entry Draft. The winner of the drawing would move up a maximum of four places, with all other clubs' draft order being adjusted accordingly (no team moving down more than one spot).
Source: NHL Central Scouting Bureau
|1||Kyle Turris (Centre)||Alexei Cherepanov (Right Wing)|
|2||Patrick Kane (Right Wing)||Mikael Backlund (Centre)|
|3||James van Riemsdyk (Left Wing)||Lars Eller (C/W)|
|4||Keaton Ellerby (Defence)||Maksim Mayorov (Right Wing)|
|5||Karl Alzner (Defence)||Joakim Andersson (Centre)|
|6||Sam Gagner (Centre)||Simon Hjalmarsson (Right Wing)|
|7||Jakub Voracek (Right Wing)||Nicholas Torp (Defence)|
|8||Angelo Esposito (Centre)||Sergei Korostin (Right Wing)|
|9||Zach Hamill (Centre)||Maxim Goncharov (Defence)|
|10||David Perron (Left Wing)||Evgeni Dadonov (Right Wing)|
|1||Jeremy Smith||Joel Gistedt|
|2||Trevor Cann||Mark Owuya|
|3||Antoine Lafleur||Marek Benda|
|= NHL All-Star7 ·||= NHL All-Star7 and NHL All-Star Team ·|
Club teams are located in North America unless otherwise noted.
- The 2007 NHL Entry Draft marked the first time in NHL history in which American players were selected with the top two picks, with Patrick Kane and James van Riemsdyk being selected by the Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers, respectively.
- The 2007 NHL draft also tied the record of the most Americans being selected in the first round with 10 players.21
|#||Player||Nationality||NHL Team||College/Junior Club Team|
|31||T. J. Brennan (Defence)||United States||Buffalo Sabres (from Philadelphia)22||St. John's Fog Devils (QMJHL)|
|32||Brett MacLean (Left Wing)||Canada||Phoenix Coyotes||Oshawa Generals (OHL)|
|33||Taylor Ellington (Defence)||Canada||Vancouver Canucks (from Los Angeles)23||Everett Silvertips (WHL)|
|34||Josh Godfrey (Defence)||Canada||Washington Capitals||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (OHL)|
|35||Tommy Cross (Defence)||United States||Boston Bruins (from Chicago)24||[Westminster School (Connecticut)] (USHS-Connecticut)|
|36||Joel Gistedt (Goaltender)||Sweden||Phoenix Coyotes (from Edmonton)25||Frölunda HC (Sweden)|
|37||Stefan Legein (Right Wing)||Canada||Columbus Blue Jackets||Mississauga IceDogs (OHL)|
|38||Bill Sweatt (Left Wing)||United States||Chicago Blackhawks (from Boston)26||Colorado College (WCHA)|
|39||Simon Hjalmarsson (Right Wing)||Sweden||St. Louis Blues||Frölunda HC Jr. (Sweden)|
|40||Michal Repik (Right Wing)||Czech Republic||Florida Panthers||Vancouver Giants (WHL)|
|41||Kevin Marshall (Defence)||Canada||Philadelphia Flyers (from Carolina via Pittsburgh, San Jose and Washington)27||Lewiston Maineiacs (QMJHL)|
|42||Eric Tangradi (Centre)||United States||Anaheim Ducks (from Minnesota; compensatory)28||Belleville Bulls (OHL)|
|43||P.K. Subban (Defence)||Canada||Montreal Canadiens||Belleville Bulls (OHL)|
|44||Aaron Palushaj (Right Wing)||United States||St. Louis Blues (from Toronto via San Jose)29||Des Moines Buccaneers (USHL)|
|45||Colby Cohen (Defence)||United States||Colorado Avalanche||Lincoln Stars (USHL)|
|46||Theo Ruth (Defence)||United States||Washington Capitals (from New York Islanders)30||US National Team Development Program (NAHL)|
|47||Dana Tyrell (C/RW)||Canada||Tampa Bay Lightning||Prince George Cougars (WHL)|
|48||Antoine Lafleur (Goaltender)||Canada||New York Rangers||PEI Rocket (QMJHL)|
|49||Trevor Cann (Goaltender)||Canada||Colorado Avalanche (from Calgary)31||Peterborough Petes (OHL)|
|50||Nico Sacchetti (Centre)||United States||Dallas Stars (from Minnesota)32||Virginia (USHS-Minnesota)|
|51||Keven Veilleux (Centre)||Canada||Pittsburgh Penguins||Victoriaville Tigres (QMJHL)|
|52||Oscar Moller (Centre)||Sweden||Los Angeles Kings (from Dallas)33||Chilliwack Bruins (WHL)|
|53||Will Weber (Defence)||United States||Columbus Blue Jackets (from San Jose)34||Gaylord High School (USHS-Michigan)|
|54||Jeremy Smith (Goaltender)||United States||Nashville Predators||Plymouth Whalers (OHL)|
|55||T. J. Galiardi (Winger)||Canada||Colorado Avalanche (from Atlanta via Anaheim)35||Dartmouth (ECAC)|
|56||Akim Aliu (C/RW)||Nigeria/ Canada||Chicago Blackhawks (from Vancouver)36||Sudbury Wolves (OHL)|
|57||Mike Hoeffel (Winger)||United States||New Jersey Devils||US National Team Development Program (NAHL)|
|58||Nick Spaling (Centre)||Canada||Nashville Predators (from Detroit via Florida)37||Kitchener Rangers (OHL)|
|59||Drew Schiestel (Defence)||Canada||Buffalo Sabres||Mississauga IceDogs (OHL)|
|60||Ruslan Bashkirov (Left Wing)||Russia||Ottawa Senators||Quebec Remparts (QMJHL)|
|61||Wayne Simmonds (Right Wing)||Canada||Los Angeles Kings (from Anaheim via Vancouver)38||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (OHL)|
|#||Player||Nationality||NHL Team||College/Junior/Club Team|
|62||Mark Katic (Defence)||Canada||New York Islanders (from Philadelphia)39||Sarnia Sting (OHL)|
|63||Maxime Macenauer (Centre)||Canada||Anaheim Ducks (from Phoenix via Boston)40||Rouyn-Noranda Huskies (QMJHL)|
|64||Sergei Korostin (Right Wing)||Russia||Dallas Stars (from Los Angeles)41||Dynamo Moscow (Russia)|
|65||Olivier Fortier (Centre)||Canada||Montreal Canadiens (from Washington)42||Rimouski Océanic (QMJHL)|
|66||Garrett Klotz (Left Wing)||Canada||Philadelphia Flyers (from Chicago)43||Saskatoon Blades (WHL)|
|67||Spencer Machacek (Right Wing)||Canada||Atlanta Thrashers (from Edmonton via Minnesota)44||Vancouver Giants (WHL)|
|68||Jake Hansen (Winger)||United States||Columbus Blue Jackets||Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL)|
|69||Maxime Tanguay (Centre)||Canada||Chicago Blackhawks (from Boston)45||Rimouski Océanic (QMJHL)|
|70||John Negrin (Defence)||Canada||Calgary Flames (from St. Louis)46||Kootenay Ice (WHL)|
|71||Evgeny Dadonov (Right Wing)||Russia||Florida Panthers||Traktor Chelyabinsk (Russia)|
|72||Drayson Bowman (Left Wing)||United States||Carolina Hurricanes||Spokane Chiefs (WHL)|
|73||Yannick Weber (Defence)||Switzerland||Montreal Canadiens||Kitchener Rangers (OHL)|
|74||Dale Mitchell (Right Wing)||Canada||Toronto Maple Leafs||Oshawa Generals (OHL)|
|75||Luca Cunti (C/LW)||Switzerland||Tampa Bay Lightning (from Colorado via Anaheim)47||Dubendorf (Switzerland)|
|76||Jason Gregoire (Left Wing)||Canada||New York Islanders||Lincoln Stars (USHL)|
|77||Alexander Killorn (Centre)||Canada||Tampa Bay Lightning||Deerfield Academy (USHS-Massachusetts)|
|78||Robert Bortuzzo (Defence)||Canada||Pittsburgh Penguins (from New York Rangers via Atlanta)48||Kitchener Rangers (OHL)|
|79||Nick Palmieri (Right Wing)||United States||New Jersey Devils (from Calgary)49||Erie Otters (OHL)|
|80||Casey Pierro-Zabotel (Centre)||Canada||Pittsburgh Penguins (from Minnesota)50||Merritt Centennials (BCHL)|
|81||Ryan Thang (Left Wing)||United States||Nashville Predators (from Pittsburgh)51||Notre Dame (CCHA)|
|82||Bryan Cameron (C/RW)||Canada||Los Angeles Kings (from Dallas)41||Belleville Bulls (OHL)|
|83||Timo Pielmeier (Goaltender)||Germany||San Jose Sharks||Kölner Haie (Germany)|
|84||Phil DeSimone (Centre)||United States||Washington Capitals (from Nashville via Philadelphia)52||Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)|
|85||Brett Sonne (C/LW)||Canada||St. Louis Blues (from Atlanta)53||Calgary Hitmen (WHL)|
|86||Josh Unice (Goaltender)||United States||Chicago Blackhawks (from Vancouver)54||US National Development Program (NAHL)|
|87||Corbin McPherson (Defence)||United States||New Jersey Devils||Cowichan Valley Capitals (BCHL)|
|88||Joakim Andersson (Centre)||Sweden||Detroit Red Wings||Frölunda HC Jr. (Sweden)|
|89||Corey Tropp (Right Wing)||United States||Buffalo Sabres||Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL)|
|90||Louie Caporusso (C/LW)||Canada||Ottawa Senators||St. Michael's Buzzers (OPJHL)|
|91||Tyson Sexsmith (Goaltender)||Canada||San Jose Sharks (from Anaheim via Colorado)55||Vancouver Giants (WHL)|
|#||Player||Nationality||NHL Team||College/Junior/Club Team|
|92||Justin Vaive (Left Wing)||United States||Anaheim Ducks (from Philadelphia)||US National Team Development Program (NAHL)|
|93||Steven Kampfer (Defence)||United States||Anaheim Ducks (from Phoenix)||University of Michigan (CCHA)|
|94||Maksim Mayorov (Winger)||Russia||Columbus Blue Jackets (from Los Angeles via Dallas)||Leninogorsk (Russia)|
|95||Alec Martinez (Defence)||United States||Los Angeles Kings (from Washington)||Miami University (CCHA)|
|96||Cade Fairchild (Defence)||United States||St. Louis Blues (from Chicago via Carolina)||US National Team Development Program (NAHL)|
|97||Linus Omark (Winger)||Sweden||Edmonton Oilers||Luleå HF (Sweden)|
|98||Sebastian Stefaniszin (Goaltender)||Germany||Anaheim Ducks (from Columbus)||Eisbären Berlin (Germany)|
|99||Matt Frattin (Right Wing)||Canada||Toronto Maple Leafs (from Boston via Phoenix)||Fort Saskatchewan Traders (AJHL)|
|100||Travis Erstad (C/RW)||United States||St. Louis Blues||Lincoln Stars (USHL)|
|101||Matt Rust (Centre)||United States||Florida Panthers (from Florida via Pittsburgh)||US National Team Development Program (NAHL)|
|102||Craig Scarantino (Centre)||Canada||Carolina Hurricanes||Team Michigan (IAHL)|
|103||Vladimir Ruzicka (Centre)||Czech Republic||Phoenix Coyotes (from Montreal)||Slavia (Czech Republic)|
|104||Ben Winnett (Left Wing)||Canada||Toronto Maple Leafs||Salmon Arm Silverbacks (BCHL)|
|105||Brad Malone (C/LW)||Canada||Colorado Avalanche||Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL)|
|106||Maxim Gratchev (Left Wing)||Russia||New York Islanders||Rimouski Océanic (QMJHL)|
|107||Mitch Fadden (Centre)||Canada||Tampa Bay Lightning||Lethbridge Hurricanes (WHL)|
|108||Brett Bruneteau (Centre)||United States||Washington Capitals (from New York Rangers via Anaheim and New York Rangers)||Omaha Lancers (USHL)|
|109||Dwight King (C/LW)||Canada||Los Angeles Kings (from Calgary)||Lethbridge Hurricanes (WHL)|
|110||Justin Falk (Defence)||Canada||Minnesota Wild||Spokane Chiefs (WHL)|
|111||Luca Caputi (Left Wing)||Canada||Pittsburgh Penguins||Mississauga IceDogs (OHL)|
|112||Colton Sceviour (C/RW)||Canada||Dallas Stars||Portland Winter Hawks (WHL)|
|113||Kent Patterson (Goaltender)||United States||Colorado Avalanche (from San Jose)||Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL)|
|114||Ben Ryan (Centre)||United States||Nashville Predators||University of Notre Dame (CCHA)|
|115||Niclas Lucenius (Centre)||Finland||Atlanta Thrashers (from Atlanta via Vancouver)||Tappara (Finland)|
|116||Keith Aulie (Defence)||Canada||Calgary Flames (from Vancouver via Buffalo)||Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)|
|117||Matt Halischuk (Right Wing)||Canada||New Jersey Devils||Kitchener Rangers (OHL)|
|118||Alex Grant (Defence)||Canada||Pittsburgh Penguins (from Detroit)||Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL)|
|119||Mark Santorelli (Centre)||Canada||Nashville Predators (from Buffalo)||Chilliwack Bruins (WHL)|
|120||Ben Blood (Defence)||United States||Ottawa Senators||Shattuck-Saint Mary's (Midget Major AAA)|
|121||Mattias Modig (Goaltender)||Sweden||Anaheim Ducks||Luleå HF (Sweden)|
|#||Player||Nationality||NHL Team||College/Junior/Club Team|
|122||Mario Kempe (Right Wing)||Sweden||Philadelphia Flyers||St. John's Fog Devils (QMJHL)|
|123||Maxim Goncharov (Defence)||Russia||Phoenix Coyotes||CSKA 2 (Russia)|
|124||Linden Rowat (Goaltender)||Canada||Los Angeles Kings||Regina Pats (WHL)|
|125||Brett Leffler (Right Wing)||Canada||Washington Capitals||Regina Pats (WHL)|
|126||Joe Lavin (Defence)||United States||Chicago Blackhawks||US National Team Development Program (NAHL)|
|127||Milan Kytnar (Centre)||Slovakia||Edmonton Oilers||Topolcany (Slovakia)|
|128||Austin Smith (Right Wing)||United States||Dallas Stars (from Columbus)||The Gunnery (USHS-Connecticut)|
|129||Jamie Benn (Left Wing)||Canada||Dallas Stars (from Boston via Columbus)||Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL)|
|130||Denis Reul (Defence)||Germany||Boston Bruins (from St. Louis)||Heilbronn (Germany)|
|131||John Lee (Defence)||United States||Florida Panthers||Moorhead (USHS-Minnesota)|
|132||Chris Terry (Left Wing)||Canada||Carolina Hurricanes||Plymouth Whalers (OHL)|
|133||Joe Stejskal (Defence)||United States||Montreal Canadiens||Grand Rapids (USHS-Minnesota)|
|134||Juraj Mikus (Defence)||Slovakia||Toronto Maple Leafs||Dukla Trenčín (Slovakia)|
|135||Paul Carey (Centre)||United States||Colorado Avalanche||Salisbury (USHS-Connecticut)|
|136||Ondrej Roman (Centre)||Czech Republic||Dallas Stars (from New York Islanders)||Spokane Chiefs (WHL)|
|137||Joshua Turnbull (Centre)||United States||Los Angeles Kings (from Tampa Bay)||Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL)|
|138||Max Campbell (Centre)||Canada||New York Rangers||Strathroy Rockets (WOHL)|
|139||Bradley Eidsness (Goaltender)||Canada||Buffalo Sabres (from Calgary)||Okotoks Oilers (AJHL)|
|140||Cody Almond (Centre)||Canada||Minnesota Wild||Kelowna Rockets (WHL)|
|141||Jake Muzzin (Defence)||Canada||Pittsburgh Penguins||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (OHL)|
|142||Andrew Conboy (Left Wing)||United States||Montreal Canadiens (from Dallas)||Omaha Lancers (USHL)|
|143||Mickey Renaud (Centre)||Canada||Calgary Flames (from San Jose via Colorado)||Windsor Spitfires (OHL)|
|144||Andreas Thuresson (Winger)||Sweden||Nashville Predators||Malmö Redhawks (Sweden)|
|145||Charles-Antoine Messier (Centre)||Canada||Vancouver Canucks (from Atlanta)||Baie-Comeau Drakkar (QMJHL)|
|146||Ilya Kablukov (Winger)||Russia||Vancouver Canucks||CSKA 2 (Russia)|
|147||Jean-Simon Allard (Centre)||Canada||Buffalo Sabres (from New Jersey via Calgary)||St. John's Fog Devils (QMJHL)|
|148||Randy Cameron (Centre)||Canada||Detroit Red Wings||Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL)|
|149||Michael Neal (Left Wing)||Canada||Dallas Stars (from Buffalo via Columbus)||Belleville Bulls (OHL)|
|150||Matt Marshall (C/RW)||United States||Tampa Bay Lightning (from Ottawa)||Nobles High School(USHS-Massachusetts)|
|151||Brett Morrison (Centre)||Canada||Anaheim Ducks||PEI Rocket (QMJHL)|
|#||Player||Nationality||NHL Team||College/Junior/Club Team|
|152||Jon Kalinski (Left Wing)||Canada||Philadelphia Flyers||Bonnyville Pontiacs (AJHL)|
|153||Scott Darling (Goaltender)||United States||Phoenix Coyotes||Capital District Selects (EJHL)|
|154||Dan Dunn (Goaltender)||Canada||Washington Capitals (from Los Angeles)||Wellington Dukes (OPJHL)|
|155||Jens Hellgren (Right Wing)||Sweden||Colorado Avalanche (from Washington via Calgary)||Vastra Frolunda Jr. (Sweden)|
|156||Richard Greenop (Centre)||Canada||Chicago Blackhawks||Windsor Spitfires (OHL)|
|157||William Quist (Winger)||Sweden||Edmonton Oilers||Tingsryds AIF Jr. (Sweden)|
|158||Allen York (Goaltender)||Canada||Columbus Blue Jackets||Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL)|
|159||Alain Goulet (Defence)||Canada||Boston Bruins||Aurora Tigers (OPJHL)|
|160||Anthony Peluso (Defence)||Canada||St. Louis Blues||Erie Otters (OHL)|
|161||Patrick Maroon (Left Wing)||United States||Philadelphia Flyers (from Florida)||St. Louis Bandits (NAHL)|
|162||Brett Bellemore (Defence)||Canada||Carolina Hurricanes||Plymouth Whalers (OHL)|
|163||Nichlas Torp (Defence)||Sweden||Montreal Canadiens||HV 71 Jr. (Sweden)|
|164||Christopher DiDomenico (Centre)||Canada||Toronto Maple Leafs||Saint John Sea Dogs (QJHML)|
|165||Patrik Zackrisson (Winger)||Sweden||San Jose Sharks (from Colorado)||Rögle BK (Sweden)|
|166||Blake Kessel (Defence)||United States||New York Islanders||Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL)|
|167||Johan Harju (Left Wing)||Sweden||Tampa Bay Lightning||Luleå HF (Sweden)|
|168||Carl Hagelin (Left Wing)||Sweden||New York Rangers||Södertälje SK Jr. (Sweden)|
|169||Radim Ostrcil (Defence)||Czech Republic||Boston Bruins (from Calgary via Colorado)||Vsetin (Czech Republic)|
|170||Harri Ilvonen (Defence)||Finland||Minnesota Wild||Tappara Jr. (Finland)|
|171||Dustin Jeffrey (Centre)||Canada||Pittsburgh Penguins||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (OHL)|
|172||Luke Gazdic (Left Wing)||Canada||Dallas Stars||Erie Otters (OHL)|
|173||Nick Bonino (Centre)||United States||San Jose Sharks||Avon Old Farms (USHS-Connecticut)|
|174||Robert Dietrich (Defence)||Germany||Nashville Predators||DEG Metro Stars (Germany)|
|175||John Albert (Centre)||United States||Atlanta Thrashers||US National Team Development Program (NAHL)|
|176||Taylor Matson (Centre)||United States||Vancouver Canucks||Des Moines Buccaneers (USHL)|
|177||Vili Sopanen (Winger)||Finland||New Jersey Devils||Pelicans (Finland)|
|178||Zack Torquato (Centre)||Canada||Detroit Red Wings||Erie Otters (OHL)|
|179||Paul Byron(C)||Canada||Buffalo Sabres||Gatineau Olympiques (QJHML)|
|180||Justin Taylor (Centre)||Canada||Washington Capitals (from Ottawa)||London Knights (OHL)|
|181||Corey Syvret (Defence)||Canada||Florida Panthers (from Anaheim)||Guelph Storm (OHL)|
|#||Player||Nationality||NHL Team||College/Junior/Club Team|
|182||Brad Phillips (Goaltender)||United States||Philadelphia Flyers||US National Team Development Program (NAHL)|
|183||Torrie Jung (Goaltender)||Canada||Tampa Bay Lightning (from Phoenix via Ottawa)||Kelowna Rockets (WHL)|
|184||Josh Kidd (Defence)||Canada||Los Angeles Kings||Erie Otters (OHL)|
|185||Nick Larson (Centre)||United States||Washington Capitals||Omaha Lancers (USHL)|
|186||C. J. Severyn (Left Wing)||United States||Calgary Flames (from Chicago)||US National Team Development Program (NAHL)|
|187||Nick Eno (Goaltender)||United States||Buffalo Sabres (from Edmonton)||Green Mountain Glades (EJHL)|
|188||Matt Fillier (C/LW)||Canada||Los Angeles Kings (from Columbus)||St. John's Fog Devils (QJMHL)|
|189||Jordan Knackstedt (Right Wing)||Canada||Boston Bruins||Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)|
|190||Trevor Nill (Centre)||United States||St. Louis Blues||Detroit Compuware Ambassadors (MWEHL)|
|191||Ryan Watson (Left Wing)||Canada||Florida Panthers||Cambridge Winterhawks (GOJHL)|
|192||Scott Kishel (Defence)||United States||Montreal Canadiens (from Carolina)||Virginia High School (USHS-Minnesota)|
|193||David Skokan (Centre)||Slovakia||New York Rangers (from Montreal)||Rimouski Océanic (QMJHL)|
|194||Carl Gunnarsson (Defence)||Sweden||Toronto Maple Leafs||Linköpings HC (SEL)|
|195||Johan Alcen (Right Wing)||Sweden||Colorado Avalanche||Brynäs IF Jr. (Sweden)|
|196||Simon Lacroix (Defence)||Canada||New York Islanders||Shawinigan Cataractes (QMJHL)|
|197||Michael Ward (Defence)||Canada||Tampa Bay Lightning||Lewiston Maineiacs (QMJHL)|
|198||Danny Hobbs (C/RW)||Canada||New York Rangers||Ohio Junior Blue Jackets (USHL)|
|199||Andrew Glass (Left Wing)||United States||Washington Capitals (from Calgary)||Nobles (USHS-Massachusetts)|
|200||Carson McMillan (Right Wing)||Canada||Minnesota Wild||Calgary Hitmen (WHL)|
|201||Justin Braun (Defence)||United States||San Jose Sharks (from Pittsburgh)||Massachusetts (Hockey East)|
|202||Sergei Gaiduchenko (Goaltender)||Ukraine||Florida Panthers (from Dallas)||Yaroslavl (Russia)|
|203||Frazer McLaren (Left Wing)||Canada||San Jose Sharks||Portland Winterhawks (WHL)|
|204||Atte Engren (Goaltender)||Finland||Nashville Predators||Lukko (Finland)|
|205||Paul Postma (Defence)||Canada||Atlanta Thrashers||Swift Current Broncos (WHL)|
|206||Dan Gendur (Right Wing)||Canada||Vancouver Canucks||Everett Silvertips (WHL)|
|207||Ryan Molle (Defence)||Canada||New Jersey Devils||Swift Current Broncos (WHL)|
|208||Bryan Rufenach (Defence)||Canada||Detroit Red Wings||Lindsay Muskies (OPJHL)|
|209||Drew MacKenzie (Defence)||United States||Buffalo Sabres||The Taft School (USHS-Connecticut)|
|210||Justin Courtnall (Left Wing)||Canada||Tampa Bay Lightning (from Ottawa)||Burnaby Express (BCHL)|
|211||Trent Vogelhuber (Right Wing)||United States||Columbus Blue Jackets (from Anaheim)||St. Louis Bandits (NAHL)|
|1||Ontario||36||Sam Gagner, 6th|
|2||Alberta||20||Thomas Hickey, 4th|
|3||Minnesota||16||Ryan McDonagh, 12th|
|4||British Columbia||14||Kyle Turris, 3rd|
|5||Michigan||13||Ian Cole, 18th|
|5||Quebec||13||Angelo Esposito, 20th|
|7||New York||6||Patrick Kane, 1st|
|8||Manitoba||5||Alex Plante, 15th|
|8||Saskatchewan||5||Garrett Klotz, 66th|
|10||Connecticut||4||Max Pacioretty, 22nd|
|10||Illinois||4||Bill Sweatt, 38th|
|10||Massachusetts||4||Joe Lavin, 126th|
|13||Pennsylvania||3||Eric Tangradi, 42nd|
|13||Ohio||3||Josh Unice, 86th|
|13||Wisconsin||3||Travis Erstad, 100th|
|13||Nova Scotia||3||Alex Grant, 118th|
|17||New Jersey||2||James van Riemsdyk, 2nd|
|17||Prince Edward Island||2||Logan MacMillan, 19th|
|17||California||2||Jonothon Blum, 23rd|
|17||New Brunswick||2||Brad Malone, 105th|
|21||Nebraska||1||Brett Bruneteau, 118th|
|21||Texas||1||Austin Smith, 128th|
|21||Missouri||1||Patrick Maroon, 161st|
- Columbus to host 2007 NHL Draft, NHL.com
- NHL Draft Drawing set for April 10, NHL.com
- "Blackhawks win NHL Draft Lottery", TSN
- "Leafs get Toskala and Bell from Sharks", TSN
- "Aucoin waives no-trade to go to Calgary", TSN
- "Panthers get Vokoun from Predators", TSN
- Players are identified as an All-Star if they were selected for the All-Star game at any time in their career.
- Acquired for Toronto's 1st and 2nd-round draft picks and a 3rd-round pick in 2008 on June 22, 2007.
- See pick 9; San Jose acquired along with a 2nd-round pick and a 4th-round pick in 2009 for Vesa Toskala and Mark Bell on June 22, 2007.
- Acquired along with Ryan O'Marra and Robert Nilsson for Ryan Smyth on February 27, 2007.
- Acquired from Anaheim for a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick on June 22, 2007. Anaheim acquired along with Gerald Coleman from Tampa Bay Lightning for Shane O'Brien and Colorado's 3rd round pick on February 24, 2007.
- Acquired for Atlanta's 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick on June 22, 2007.
- See pick 16.
- Acquired from Phoenix for Anaheim's 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick on June 22, 2007. Phoenix acquired with Mathias Tjarnqvist for Ladislav Nagy on February 12, 2007.
- Acquired along with Josh Gorges for Craig Rivet and a 5th round pick in 2008 on February 25, 2007.
- Acquired from Philadelphia for Kimmo Timonen and Scott Hartnell on June 18, 2007. Philadelphia acquired along with Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent, and a 3rd round pick in 2007 for Peter Forsberg.
- See pick 18; St. Louis acquired with Glen Metropolit, a 3rd round pick, a 2nd round pick in 2008, and a conditional 1st round pick in 2008 for Keith Tkachuk on February 25, 2007.
- Acquired from San Jose along with Ville Nieminen and Jay Barriball for Bill Guerin on February 27, 2007. San Jose acquired along with Vladimir Malakhov for Alex Korolyuk and Jim Fahey on October 1, 2006.
- Acquired from Washington for Carolina's 2nd round pick and a 2nd round pick in 2008 on June 22, 2007. Washington acquired along with Jiri Novotny for Dainius Zubrus and Timo Helbling on February 27, 2007.
- See pick 21.
- Blackhawks take Kane first overall. TSN. Accessed June 23, 2007.
- Acquired from the Philadelphia Flyers for Martin Biron on February 27, 2007
- Acquired with a conditional 3rd round pick in 2009 from the Los Angeles Kings for Dan Cloutier on July 5, 2006
- Acquired for a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick in 2007.
- Acquired with a 1st round pick in 2007 for a 1st round pick in 2007
- See pick 35.
- Acquired from the Washington Capitals for a 3rd round pick in 2007 and a 2nd round pick in 2008 on June 23, 2007. Washington acquired along with a 2nd round pick in the 2008 from the San Jose Sharks for a 1st round pick in 2007 on June 22, 2007 (see also pick 28). San Jose acquired from the Pittsburgh Penguins for Nils Ekman and Patrick Ehelechner on July 20, 2006. Pittsburgh acquired with Niklas Nordgren and Krystofer Kolanos from the Carolina Hurricanes for Mark Recchi on March 3, 2006
- See pick 16. Previously awarded to Minnesota as compensation for losing rights to 2004 first-round pick (12th overall) A.J. Thelen, June 2, 2007.
- See picks 9 and 13.
- Acquired from the New York Islanders for Richard Zednik on February 26, 2007
- Acquired with Jordan Leopold and a 2nd round pick in 2006 from the Calgary Flames for Alex Tanguay on June 24, 2006
- Acquired with Willie Mitchell from the Minnesota Wild for Martin Skoula and Shawn Belle on March 9, 2006
- Acquired with Jaroslav Modry, Johan Fransson, 1st round pick in 2008, and a 3rd round pick in 2007 from the Dallas Stars for Mattias Norstrom, Konstantin Pushkarev, and 3rd and 4th round picks in 2007 on February 27, 2007
- Acquired with 3rd and 4th round picks in 2006 from the San Jose Sharks for a 2nd round pick in 2006 on June 24, 2006
- Acquired from Anaheim for George Parros and a 3rd round pick in 2007 for Atlanta's 2nd round and Anaheim's 3rd round in 2007 on November 13, 2006. Anaheim acquired previously with Karl Stewart and a conditional round pick from the Atlanta Thrashers for Vitaly Vishnevski on August 17, 2006
- Acquired for Bryan Smolinski on February 26, 2007.
- Acquired with a 1st round pick in 2008 and a conditional draft pick for Tomas Vokoun on June 22, 2007. Florida acquired previously with Shawn Matthias and a 2nd round pick in 2008 from the Detroit Red Wings for Todd Bertuzzi on February 27, 2007
- Acquired with a 4th round pick in 2008 for Brent Sopel on February 25, 2007. Vancouver acquired previously from the Anaheim Ducks as compensation for hiring coach Randy Carlyle on August 1, 2005
- Acquired along with Freddy Meyer for Alexei Zhitnik on December 16, 2006.
- (Anaheim had the option of using this pick or Phoenix's 3rd round pick in 2008, choosing this one.) Acquired from Boston along with the option to switch 4th round picks in 2008 at Anaheim's option for Stanislav Chistov on November 13, 2006. Boston acquired along with Paul Mara for Nick Boynton and a 4th round pick in 2007 on June 26, 2006.
- See pick 52.
- Acquired for Richard Zednik on July 12, 2006.
- Acquired along with Lasse Kukkonen for Kyle Calder on February 26, 2007.
- Acquired from Minnesota for Petteri Nummelin on June 14, 2006. Minnesota acquired along with a 1st round pick in 2006 for Dwayne Roloson on March 8, 2006.
- Acquired along with a 2nd round pick in 2007 for a 2nd round pick in 2007 on June 23, 2007.
- Acquired along with a 1st round pick in 2007 for a 1st round pick in 2007.
- See picks 16 (Anaheim to Tampa Bay) and 55 (Colorado to Anaheim).
- Acquired from Atlanta for Chris Thorburn on June 22, 2007. Atlanta acquired along with Pascal Dupuis for Alex Bourret on February 27, 2007.
- Acquired for David Hale and a 5th round pick in 2007 on February 27, 2007.
- Acquired for Dominic Moore on February 27, 2007.
- Acquired for Dominic Moore and Libor Pivko on July 19, 2006.
- Acquired along with a 2nd round pick in 2008 for a 2nd round pick in 2007 on June 23, 2007. See pick 23 for Philadelphia's acquisition.
- See pick 24.
- Acquired for Steve McCarthy on August 22, 2005.
- Acquired from Colorado for a 4th round pick in 2007, a 5th round pick in 2007, and a 6th round pick in 2008. See pick 55 for Colorado's acquisition.
- NHL.com 2007 Entry Draft Complete Selection Order
- 2007 NHL Entry Draft player stats at The Internet Hockey Database