|United Arab Emirates community|
|Country||United Arab Emirates|
Al Qusais or Al Gusais (Arabic: اﻟﻘﺼﻴﺺ ) is a large community in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is located in the Deira area of east Dubai. Al Qusais borders the localities of Hor Al Anz and Al Twar and is further subdivided into residential (Al Qusais) and industrial (Al Qusais Industrial Area) localities.
Al Qusais residential areas are subdivided into:
- Al Qusais First
- Al Qusais Second
- Al Qusais Third
The industrial areas are subdivided into:
- Al Qusais Industrial Area First
- Al Qusais Industrial Area Second
- Al Qusais Industrial Area Third
- Al Qusais Industrial Area Fourth
- Al Qusais Industrial Area Fifth
The industrial areas lead into the industrial areas of the emirate of Sharjah.
Education in Al Qusais is provided by a number of public and privates schools and colleges.There are Arabic, Australian, British, American and Indian schools. There are also various private institutes providing dance, music, art and computer lessons. Educational institutions situated in Al-Qusais include:
- The Millennium School
- Crescent English High School
- Dubai Scholars Private School
- Apple International School
- Sheffield Private School
- Philadelphia Private School
- Star International School
- The Westminster School
- Sheikh Rashid Al Maktoum Pakistani School
- Al Sadiq School
- Adab Iranian Private School
- Pristine Private School
- Pristine Private School
- Dubai Women's College
- Emcan Educational Institute, Al Nahda 2
- Oscar Educational Institute
- Kairali Kala Kendram
The Green line (one of the two lines on the Dubai Metro network) has five of its stations situated in Al Qusais. The 'Etisalat' depot station has a parking area which can house 60 trains. Al Qusais Station, Airport Free Zone, Al Nahda and Stadium are the other metro stations. Terminal 2 of Dubai International Airport is two minutes drive from the Airport Free Zone metro station. Al Qusais also has an extensive bus service and taxi services provided by the RTA.
Al Qusais houses several small and large supermarkets and department stores.
- Al Mulla plaza is the first large shopping centre in Al Qusais and one of the oldest shopping centre in Dubai. It is an important landmark in the city. The Dubai Police Museum is located at Al Mulla Plaza which opened on November 19, 1987. It comprises three exhibit halls, as well as documenting anti-drug efforts of the police force, and the force's prison systems. On November 19, 1987, the International Council of Museums placed the museum on the record of Arab Museums.
- The Madina Mall is a large shopping mall which opened in early 2012. Some leading retailers are Carrefour, Red tag.
- Lulu Hypermarket is the retail division of the multidimensional and multinational EMKE Group. It has a vast shopping choice of fashion apparels, electronics, home furnishing, toys and accessories.
There are several medical centres in Al Qusais.
The multi-specialty facility offering modern medical solutions, is the vision of Dr. Zulekha Daud. The various department of the hospital provides the service of General Practitioners and also Emergency along with Cardiology, Dental, Dermatology, E.N.T, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Gynaecology, Internal Medicine, Laparoscopy, Nutrition & Lifestyle, Management, Neurology, Neonatology, Nephrology, Ophthalmology, Orthodontics, Orthopedics, Paediatrics, Plastic & Reconstruction Surgery, Psychiatry, Physiotherapy, Surgery, Urology, Ambulance Service, Emergency Room, I.C.U, Laboratory, Operation Theatre, Pharmacy and Radiology.
Located in the Amman Street and open 24 hours, this 100-bed futuristic hospital incorporates the most-modern facilities including diagnostic equipment like the Heart Mapping System, Multi Slice CT Scan, MRI and the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory which is equipped with a high-tech digital imaging system and a three dimensional arrythmas mapping system (the first of its kind to be installed in Dubai), which enables the mapping and ablation of the most complex rhythm disorders of the heart. In addition, the Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Department brings for the first time in the region, help to people for regaining the most independent level of functioning after severe injury, trauma, and illness. The Sleep Lab, which analyses sleep related problems is also one of the first facilities in the region.
Aster Medical Centre, Welcare EDC Al Qusais clinic, Al Deyafa Medical centre, Joseph's Clinic, Mini VM polyclinic also provide medical care in the community.
Dubai Police General Headquarters is located opposite Al Mulla Plaza. Al Qusais police station is one of the ten police stations in Dubai and was founded in 1977. It moved to new premises, Beirut Street in 1999. The Ministry of Education, Dubai Civil Defence Headquarters is also located in the community.
Al Ahli club was established in 1970, when two local football teams Al Wehdah and Al Shabab (est. 1962) joined together, and then four years later another local team Al Najah joiened to form Al Ahli Club. It is located next to the Stadium metro station. The club competes in basketball, volleyball, handball, track sport, table tennis and track cycling. Al Ahli Horse Riding Club offers a wide selection of horse associated activities throughout the year.
The community enjoys two public parks.
- Al Qusais 1 park is situated near the Masjid Al Ansar mosque with a basketball court and extensive play area for children.
- Al Qusais 2 park is situated behind Damascus Street near Elite Classic Hotel.
Dubai Grand Hotel, Elite Classic, Fortune Plaza (previously known as the Princess Hotel), Fortune Classic Hotel Apartments, Al Bustan Hotel, Emirates Star Hotel Apartments, Layia Plaza Hotel and Tulip Inn Hotel Apartments are some of the hotels situated in Al Qusais.