Alexander Graf Lambsdorff
Alexander Sebastian Léonce von der Wenge Graf Lambsdorff (born on 5 November 1966 in Cologne) is a German politician and Member of the European Parliament with the Free Democratic Party of Germany, part of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe.
Lambsdorff grew up in Hamburg, Brussels, and Bonn. His father, Hagen von der Wenge Graf Lambsdorff, is a former German ambassador to the Czech Republic and Latvia. He is a nephew of German politician and former cabinet member Otto Graf Lambsdorff. He graduated from the Catholic academic high school Aloisiuskolleg at Bonn-Bad Godesberg in 1985, then attended the University of Bonn. From 1991 until 1993 Lambsdorff attended Georgetown University on a Fulbright Scholarship and acquired a MA in History and a MS degree in Foreign Service (1993).
- 1994: Trainee, European Commission
- 1994-1995: Friedrich Naumann Foundation, Baltic States Office, Tallinn
- 1997-2000: Policy Planning Staff in the German Federal Foreign Office (German: Auswärtiges Amt (help·info))
- 2003-2004: Political Department, Russia Desk in the German Federal Foreign Office
- 2000-2003: Press attaché, Embassy of Germany, Washington, D.C.
Lambsdorff was first elected into the European Parliament in 2004 and re-elected for a second term in 2009. Since 2011, he has been chairing the 12-member German FDP delegation in the European Parliament.
Lambsdorff serves as member of the European Parliament's Committee on Foreign Affairs and the Delegation for relations with the People's Republic of China. He is a substitute for the Committee on Culture and Education and for the Delegation to the EU-Turkey Joint Parliamentary Committee DACP as well as the ACP-EU Joint Parliamentary Assembly.
- 2004: Election to the European Parliament
- 2007: Chief of the EU Election Observation Mission in Bangladesh
- 2008: Chief of the EU Election Observation Mission in Kenia
- 2009: Re-election to the European Parliament and appointment as Vice Chair of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe
- 2009: Chief of the EU Election Observation Mission in Bangladesh
- 2010: Chief of the EU Election Observation Mission in Guinea
- 2011: Appointment as Chair of the German FDP delegation in the European Parliament
- 2012: Chief of the EU Election Assessment Mission in Libya
- Founding Member of the FDP LV Net
- Member of the North Rhine-Westphalia Executive Committee
- Member of the Federal Executive Committee
- Member of the ELDR Council and Congress
- Member of Europa-Union Deutschland
- Founding member of Atlantic Initiative
- Founding Member of the German-Turkish Foundation
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alexander Graf Lambsdorff.|
- European Parliament biography of Graf Lambsdorff (incl. Speeches, Questions and Motions)
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (German)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|