Alexander Nuno Alvaro
|Alexander Nuno Alvaro|
|Member of the European Parliament|
26 May 1975 |
Bonn-Bad Godesberg, Northrhine-Westphalia
|Political party||Free Democratic Party of Germany|
|Alma mater||University of Mannheim|
Alexander Nuno Alvaro (born 26 May 1975) is a German politician and Member of the European Parliament with the Free Democratic Party of Germany, part of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe. During his first mandate he worked in the European Parliament's Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs, he was a substitute for the Committee on Legal Affairs, a member of the delegation for relations with the Palestinian Legislative Council and a substitute for the delegation for relations with Australia and New Zealand.
Since 2009 and for his second mandate he became Vice-President of the Committee on Budgets, member of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs, of the Special committee on the policy challenges and budgetary resources for a sustainable European Union after 2013, and of the Delegation for relations with Iran and Spokesman of the ALDE group for Home Affairs.
Alexander Alvaro was also involved in many European dossiers and campaigns, initiating the Oneseat campaign (Oneseat.eu) with Swedish Minister for European affairs and ex-MEP Cecilia Malmstrom, dealing with the American Government on the Swift International EU-US Treaty, and defending civil liberties on legislative projects such as ACTA.
He's also a board member of EU40 www.eu40.eu, the associations of MEPs and EU officials under the age of 40, aiming at enhancing trans-partisan generation-based EU policies. He recently supported the manifesto of Spinelli Group.
- 1997: Qualification in banking. Graduated from Universities of Bremen, Mannheim, Lausanne and Düsseldorf.
- 2004: State law examination
- 2004-2009 first mandate in the European Parliament
- 2009- ... second mandate in the European Parliament
- 2002–2005: Deputy Federal Chairman of the Young Liberals
- since 2003: Member of the Federal Executive of the FDP
- Official website of Alexander Alvaro: www.alexander-alvaro.de
- Entry on Alexander Nuno Alvaro in the data base of members of the European Parliament
- European Parliament biography of Alexander Alvaro (incl. Speeches, Questions and Motions)
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (German)
- oneseat.eu (petition against the European Parliament having two seats)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|