Bagnan I (community development block)
|Bagnan I (CD Block)
বাগনান I সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|Assembly constituency||Bagnan, Amta|
|• Total||32.05 sq mi (83.01 km2)|
|• Density||5,960/sq mi (2,303/km2)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
|Literacy Rate||76.22 per cent|
Bagnan I (community development block) is an administrative division in Uluberia subdivision of Howrah district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Bagnan police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Bagnan. Khalor and Bagnan are urban areas in this block.12
Kalyanpur, a constituent panchayat of Bagnan I block, is located at.
As per 2001 census, Bagnan I block had a total population of 191,188, out of which 97,967 were males and 93,221 were females. Bagnan I block registered a population growth of 16.21 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Howrah district was 12.76 per cent.2Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.4
As per 2001 census, Bagnan I block had a total literacy of 76.22 per cent for the 6+ age group. While male literacy was 83.28 per cent female literacy was 68.81 per cent. Howrah district had a total literacy of 77.01 per cent, male literacy being 83.22 per cent and female literacy being 70.11 per cent.6
Kalyanpur is famous for Buropir Saheb Madrasa where people from all over Howrah district come for visiting it.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Howrah district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Howrah District (16)". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Village Panchayat Names of Howrah,West Bengal". Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "TRU for all Districts (SC & ST and Total)". Census 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 5, Howrah District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.