Balurghat (community development block)
|Balurghat (CD Block)
বালুরঘাট সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||363.90 km2 (140.50 sq mi)|
|• Density||630/km2 (1,600/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Balurghat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Balurghat, Tapan|
Balurghat (community development block) is an administrative division in Balurghat subdivision of Dakshin Dinajpur district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Balurghat police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Beltola Park. Chakbhrigu and Baidyanathpara are two urban outgrowths in this block.12
Balurghat is located at.
As per 2001 census, Balurghat block has a total population of 228,701, out of which 118,056 were males and 110,645 were females. Balurghat block registered a population growth of 23.49 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 22.11 per cent.2Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.5
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Dakshin Dinajpur district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Dakshin Dinajpur district (05). Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Dakshin Dinajpur". Rivers. District administration. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 4". Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-03-11.