From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Bambara (disambiguation))
|Look up bambara in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Bambara may refer to:
- Ethnic group and language
- Bambara people, an ethnic group primarily in Mali.
- Bambara language, their language, which like other Manding languages is also used by other groups as a lingua franca. The linguistically correct term for the language of the Bambara ethnic group of Mali is Bamanankan. "Bamanan" refers to the ethnicity of the speakers, and "kan" meaning "language", but Bambara is widely used.
- Bamana Empire, a state that flourished in present day Mali (1640s–1861)
- Common names
- Proper names
- Toni Cade Bambara, an American author, social activist, and college professor.
- Place names
- Bambara is an award-winning restaurant in Salt Lake City, Utah; specializing in New American cuisine. Bambara located in the Hotel Monaco, part of the Kimpton Hotel Group. Nathan Powers is the Chef of Bambara
- Bambarra is a settlement of about 130 on Middle Caicos, of the Turks and Caicos islands.
- Bambarra Reserve is a proposed wildlife sanctuary, in Kariong, Central Coast NSW.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.