Basirhat I (community development block)
বসিরহাট I সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Total||112.10 km2 (43.28 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,300/km2 (3,400/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Basirhat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Basirhat Dakshin|
Basirhat I (community development block) is an administrative division in Basirhat subdivision of North 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Basirhat police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Basirhat.1
Basirhat is located at.
As per 2001 census, Basirhat I block has a total population of 146,836 out of which 75,035 were males and 71,801 were females. Basirhat I block registered a population growth of 20.20 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 22.40 per cent.2Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.4
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". North 24 Parganas district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "Census of India 2001, Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal, Table - 4". North Twenty Four Parganas District (11). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- From Basirhat subdivision page.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Retrieved 2011-02-17.