Bow Road tube station
Station entrance on Bow Road
|Local authority||London Borough of Tower Hamlets|
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|OSI||Bow Church 1|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|Original company||Whitechapel and Bow Railway|
|1950||Ownership transferred to London Transport|
|Added to list||27 September 1973|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portalCoordinates:|
Bow Road tube station is on the District and Hammersmith & City lines of the London Underground. It is on Bow Road in Bow, east London, about 300 metres from Bow Church DLR station and is in fare zone 2. Out of station interchange (OSI) is allowed between the stations.
The station was opened in 1902 by the Whitechapel and Bow Railway (which was later incorporated into the District Line), with the Hammersmith & City Line (then the Metropolitan line) following in 1936.
Ownership of the station passed to London Underground in 1950.6
The station booking hall is a Grade II listed building.
Bow Road marks the point where westbound trains from Upminster and Barking enter a tunnel; the gradient of the tunnel approach, which is to the east of the station, is 1 in 28, the steepest on the tube network.7
The station site is served by London Bus routes 25, 205, and 425.
- "Out of Station Interchanges" (Microsoft Excel). Transport for London. May 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-03-12.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2008". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2009". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2010". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "The National Heritage List for England". English Heritage. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "Transport Act, 1947". The London Gazette. 27 January 1950. p. 480. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "London Underground Statistics". trainweb.org. Retrieved 25 September 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bow Road tube station.|
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
|Hammersmith & City line||
|This article about the London Underground is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|