Boynitsa Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Бойница) is a small frontier municipality (obshtina) in Vidin Province, Northwestern Bulgaria, located in the Danubian Plain about 20 km southwest of Danube river. It is named after its administrative centre - the village of Boynitsa. The area borders on the Republic of Serbia to the west and northwest.
The municipality embraces a territory of 166 km² with a population of 1,717 inhabitants, as of December 2009.1
Boynitsa Municipality within Vidin Province
Boynitsa Municipality includes the following 8 places all of them villages:
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001,5 Census 2011,6 „pop-stat.mashke.org“,7
- ^ a b (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009
- ^ (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- ^ (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- ^ (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- ^ (English)National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- ^ „pop-stat.mashke.org“
- ^ "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.