|Type||Federal Music Industry Association|
|Membership||German Music Companies|
|Chairman (CEO)||Dieter Gorny1|
|Key people||Managing Director: Dr. Florian Drücke2|
The Bundesverband Musikindustrie (English: Federal Music Industry Association) or simply BVMI represents the music industry in Germany. The association represents the interests of nearly 280 labels and music industry related enterprises, which comprise the 90% of the music industry.3
Bundesverband Musikindusrie is a member of International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), which is based in London, England.3 IFPI consists of music associations of 70 countries.3
BVMI works closely with Media Control GfK International (founded in 1976) which is in charge of publishing the music charts in Germany on weekly bases.4
Bundesverband Musikindustrie which is responsible for certifying Gold and Platinum certification-awards is led by Dieter Gorny, who's been the chairman since 2009.1
BVMI launched its Gold and Platinum award program in 1975, and relies on an independent auditor for the accuracy of the sales required for the awards.5 BVMI follows the following pattern to certify records:
- 1 x Gold
- 1 x Platinum
- 3 x Gold
- 2 x Platinum
- 5 x Gold
- 3 x Platinum etc.5
The association does not issue awards for 2 x Gold or 4 x Gold which overlie the requirements of platinum certification awards.5 Sales of both physical and digital, whether it is an album or a single, can be included for certification.
|Certification||Before September 24, 1999||Before January 1, 2003||After January 1, 2003|
|Certification||Before January 1, 2003||After January 1, 2003|
|Certification||Since January 2002|
|Certification||Since January 1992|
- "Dieter Gorny als Vorstandsvorsitzender des BVMI bestätigt (Dieter Gorny confirmed as chairman of the BVMI)" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindstie. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "Bundesverband Musikindustrie: Der Bundesverband Musikindustrie e. V.". Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved 2013-11-15.
- "Über Uns: Aufgaben und Ziele" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "Unternehmen (The Company)" (in German). Media Control Gfk International. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "Richtlinien für die Verleihung von Gold/Platin Schallplatten und Awards (Guidelines for Gold and Platinum awards))" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindstie. Retrieved 2010-03-13.