Burdwan I (community development block)
|Community development block|
|Assembly constituency||Bardhaman Uttar, Bhatar|
|• Total||96.68 sq mi (250.41 km2)|
|• Density||1,860/sq mi (718/km2)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
|Literacy Rate||68.83 per cent|
Burdwan I (community development block) (Bengali: বর্ধমান I সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক) is an administrative division in Bardhaman Sadar North subdivision of Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Bardhaman police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Mirzapur and Kamnara.12
Baghar, a constituent panchayat of Burdwan I block, is located at.
As per 2001 census, Burdwan I block had a total population of 179,774, out of which 92,276 were males and 87,498 were females. Burdwan I block registered a population growth of 23.93 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Bardhaman district was 14.36 per cent.2Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.4
As per 2001 census, Burdwan I block had a total literacy of 68.83 per cent for the 6+ age group. While male literacy was 77.68 per cent female literacy was 59.42 per cent. Bardhaman district had a total literacy of 70.18 per cent, male literacy being 78.63 per cent and female literacy being 60.95 per cent.6
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Burdwan district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Barddhaman District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "No. 229 (Sanction)-PN/P/II/1G-5/2005(Pt.II) dated 02.02.09". Allotment No. 5 for five districts – Cooch Behar, Burdwan, Uttar Dinajpur, Hooghly and Bankura. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- "TRU for all Districts (SC & ST and Total)". Census 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 5, Bardhaman District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-08-26.