Warning: all items and those of a medical nature and/or pharmaceutical and/or legal published on Wikipedia (and in any part of TerritorioScuola Enhanced Wiki Alpha) must always be carefully checked before any use.
Burton Swifts became the first visitors to the newly opened Springfield Park, Wigan on 1 September 1897 when the club played Wigan County in a friendly match. The score was 1-1, Yardley scoring for the Swifts.1
The club was not very successful, and never finished higher than 6th in their division. After finishing in bottom place at the end of the 1900–01 season, the club merged with neighbours, Burton Wanderers to form Burton United, which took Swifts' place in the League.
Burton Swifts played their home games at Peel Croft and this venue continued to be used at the home ground for Burton United. After the club's demise in 1910 Burton Rugby Club took over ownership.