Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum
|Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum|
|Location||John C. Munro International Airport on the outskirts of Hamilton, Ontario|
The Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum is a Canadian aviation museum located at the John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport near Hamilton, Ontario. The museum has 36 military jets, propeller-driven aircraft and helicopters on display.1
Displayed is a collection of Canadian military aircraft, many in flying condition.2 The museum is also restoring several Second World War and Cold War aircraft, including a TBM Avenger3 a de Havilland Canada built S-2 Tracker 4 and a Bristol Bolingbroke.5 The flying collection performs at air shows and is made available for local flights by museum visitors.6
The Avro Lancaster flown by the museum is one of only two airworthy Lancasters in the world. Known as the Mynarski Memorial Lancaster in honour of Pilot Officer Andrew Charles Mynarski, it is painted in the markings of his aircraft. An Ontario Historical Plaque near the entrance commemorates Eileen Vollick's role in Ontario's heritage as Canada's first licensed female pilot.7
The museum's aircraft include:1
- Canadair CF-104 Starfighter
- Canadair CT-133 Silver Star
- De Havilland Vampire
- Canadair CF-104D Starfighter
- McDonnell CF-101B Voodoo
- Canadair CF-5 Freedom Fighter
- Avro Canada CF-100 Canuck
- Canadair Sabre
- Avro Lancaster - ex-RCAF BXFM213 is one of two airworthy left in the world
- Consolidated PBY-5A Canso
- Bristol Bolingbroke
- North American B-25J-35NC Mitchell 45-8883
- TBM Avenger3
- Boeing Stearman PT-17 Kaydet
- de Havilland DHC-1 Chipmunk
- de Havilland 82C Tiger Moth
- Fairchild PT-26B Cornell Two are now in the collection - one in RCAF markings, one in RNoAF markings1112
- Fleet Finch
- Fleet 21K
- Fleet 60K Fort
- North American Harvard 4
- North American NA-64 Yale
- Beechcraft CT-134 Musketeer13
- Nanchang CJ-6A14
Mynarski Memorial Avro Lancaster
- List of attractions in Hamilton, Ontario
- List of Canadian organizations with royal patronage
- Organization of Military Museums of Canada
- Military history of Canada
- Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum (undated). "Canadian Military Aircraft From Then to Now". Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- myHamilton.ca (undated). "Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum". Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- Canadian Warplane Heritage (April 2009). "Latest acquisition by Canadian Warplane Heritage". Retrieved 2009-12-20.
- Burman, John (27 March 2012). "Aging Grumman on track to fly again". The Hamilton Spectator. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum (August 2009). "Restoration Projects". Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum (undated). "CWH 2011 Flying Schedule". Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- Ontario Plaque
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport (undated). "Airport History". Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- "Douglas DC-3 Dakota". Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum website. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- "CWH Gets a Bird Dog". CWHM Plane Talk Blog. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- "Fairchild Cornell Mk. II Vintage Trainer Aircraft".
- "Fairchild Cornell Mk.II Vintage Trainer Aircraft". Unknown parameter
- John, Burman (Monday April 16 2012). "Hamilton warplane museum finds Musketeer trainer on Net and in barn". The Hamilton Spectator. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- "Nanchang CJ-6A Vintage Trainer Aircraft". Retrieved 17 April 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum|