Chinsurah-Mogra (community development block)
চুঁচুড়া-মগরা সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|community development block|
|• Total||54.87 km2 (21.19 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,800/km2 (10,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Hooghly|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Chunchura, Balagarh, Saptagram|
Chinsurah-Mogra (community development block) is an administrative division in Chinsurah subdivision of Hooghly district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Chinsurah and Mogra police stations serve this block. Headquarters of this block is at Mogra. Kodalia, Raghunathpur, Madhusudanpur, Amodghata, Shankhanagar, Chak Bansberia, Kulihanda, Simla and Dharmapur are urban areas in this block. It also includes urban out-growths such as Khamarpara, Bandel Thermal Power Project Town, Barakhejuria and Naldanga.12
Mogra is located at.
As per 2001 census, Chinsurah-Mogra block had a total population of 211,036, out of which 109,751 were males and 1101,285 were females. Chinsurah-Mogra block registered a population growth of 26.54 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Hooghly district was 15.72 per cent.2Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.4
As per the 2001 census, Chinsurah-Mogra block had a total literacy of 56.72 per cent. While male literacy was 75.24 per cent, female literacy was 57.09 per cent.5
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Hooghly district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Hugli district". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "No. 229 (Sanction)-PN/P/II/1G-5/2005(Pt.II) dated 02.02.09". Allotment No. 5 for five districts – Cooch Behar, Burdwan, Uttar Dinajpur, Hooghly and Bankura. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Chinsurah-Mogra". Local Self-government. Hooghly Zilla Parishad. Retrieved 2011-08-04.