Cristiana Muscardini (born on 6 November 1948 in Cannobio) is an Italian politician and Member of the European Parliament for North-West Italy with Future and Freedom (FLI). Muscardini has sat in the European Conservatives and Reformists group since October 2012.1 She sits on the European Parliament's Committee on International Trade and is a substitute for the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety.
Muscardini was formerly a member of the National Alliance and the Italian Social Movement. She was a co-president of the Union for a Europe of Nations and general secretary of the associated Europarty, the Alliance for Europe of the Nations. She joined the Group of the European People's Party when the National Alliance merged with Forza Italia to create The People of Freedom in 2009. In 2010, Muscardini joined the dissident group Future and Freedom, led by Chamber of Deputies president Gianfranco Fini. She is regional coordinator in Lombardy for the pro-Fini Generation Italy foundation.
- 1971: Dirigente of the FUAN (student wing of the post-fascist MSI)
- 1972: Member of the national executive of the Italian Social Movement
- 1980-1990: Municipal councillor in Milan
- 1983-87: Delegate to the Italian Chamber of Deputies
- since 1989: Member of the European Parliament (NA - UEN - EPP)
- 1991: Municipal councillor in Varese
- 1992-2004: Chairwoman of the MSI resp. AN delegations
- 1995-2009: Member of the political executive of AN, responsible for the coordination of Community policies
- 2000-2004: Vice-Chairwoman of the Union for Europe of the Nations Group
- 2001-2009: General Secretary of the 'Alliance for Europe of the Nations'
- Member of the European Convention in 2002/2003
- 2004-2009: Co-Chairwoman of the UEN group
- since 2007: Vice-Chairwoman of the Committee on International Trade
- Writes for newspapers and periodicals
- Publications include 'Adelaide Ristori' literary prize (1991) - Rome International 'Woman of the Year' 2004 prize - Lugano University Centre
See also: European Parliament election, 2004 (Italy)