Cyril Bentham Falls CBE1 (Mar. 2, 1888 - Apr 23, 1971) was a military historian noted for his work on the First World War. He was born in Dublin and died in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey.
Falls served in the First World War I, reaching the rank of Captain in the British Army. He was on the General Staff for the 36th (Ulster) Division and 62nd (2nd West Riding) Division. He received the French Croix de Guerre.
After the war, he helped write several volumes of the British official History of the Great War. Later he wrote both detailed specialist histories as well as histories intended for the average reader. An expert on the history of the First World War, he was the Chichele Professor of Military History at All Souls, Oxford University from 1946 to 1953.
- The History of the 36th (Ulster) Division (1921) (Reprinted 1998 ISBN 978-0-09-478310-2)
- Military Operations - Egypt and Palestine Vol I. From the outbreak of war with Germany to June 1917 (with Sir George MacMunn) (London, 1928) (Official History)
- Military Operations - Egypt and Palestine: Vol II. From June 1917 to the end of the War (London, 1928) (Official History)
- War Books (1930)
- Military Operations - Macedonia: Vol I. From the Outbreak of War to the Spring of 1917 (London, 1933) (Official History)
- Military Operations - Macedonia: Vol II. From the Spring of 1917 to the end of the war (London, 1933) (Official History)
- Marshal Foch (London, 1939)
- Military Operations - France and Belgium,1917: Vol I, The German Retreat to the Hindenburg Line and the Battles of Arras (London, 1940) (Official History)
- Military Operations, France and Belgium, 1917: Vol II, The German Retreat to the Hindenburg Line and the Battles of Arras Cyril Falls, Cyril Bentham Falls, Archibald Frank Becke, James E. Edmonds. (London, 1940) Macmillan reprinted 1992 ISBN 0-901627-90-9
- The Nature of Modern Warfare (1941)
- The Second World War : a short history (1948)
- Elizabeth's Irish Wars (1950) ISBN 0-389-03961-6
- A Hundred Years of War (1953)
- The Great War (1961) ISBN 0-399-50100-2
- The Art of War: from the Age of Napoleon to the Present Day (1961)
- Armageddon, 1918 (1964) ISBN 0-933852-05-3
- Caporetto 1917 (1966)
- Great Military Battles (ed.) (1971) ISBN 0-600-01652-8
- The Birth of Ulster (1973) ISBN 0-416-78210-8
- Rudyard Kipling: A Critical Study (London, ?)