|Province of Turkey|
Location of Eskişehir Province in Turkey
|• Total||13,652 km2 (5,271 sq mi)|
|• Density||56/km2 (150/sq mi)|
Eskişehir Province (Turkish: Eskişehir ili) is a province in northwestern Turkey. Its adjacent provinces are Bilecik to the northwest, Kütahya to the west, Afyon to the southwest, Konya to the south, Ankara to the east, and Bolu to the north. The provincial capital is Eskişehir. Most of the province is laid down in Central Anatolia Region. Northern parts of Mihalıççık district and ones of Mihalgazi and Sarıcakaya of her remained in Black Sea Region and Han one of her remained in Aegean Region.
Eskişehir is an old, culturally developed province of Turkey. It has a population of 755,427. Eskişehir has 2 universities, Eskişehir Osmangazi University ESOGU, and Anadolu Üniversitesi, which is the largest university in Turkey and which has some branch offices in Europe.
Eskişehir province is divided into 14 districts two of which are actually included in the greater municipality of Eskişehir (shown in boldface letters).
Eskişehir's population has a high literacy level for Turkey at about 99%. Many universities and military installations are located in and around the city. Turkish technical students are concentrated in the Eskişehir universities. Infrastructural problems have been partially solved in 2004 with the construction of a tram system.
Eskisehir, and neighboring cities were the major settlement area for the descendants of the founders of the Ottoman empire, about 1000 years ago. Many villages in the province carry the names of the Turkish tribes/clans from those times. Some people in the city of Eskişehir trace their family origin back to Crimea and the Caucasus; some come from surrounding ancient towns; like Sivrihisar; and some are Turkified indigenous people of the region from the ancient times [Phrygians(Alarian/Albanian), and Galatians(Celtic) Origins]
- Turkish Statistical Institute, MS Excel document – Population of province/district centers and towns/villages and population growth rate by provinces
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eskişehir Province.|
- (Turkish) Eskişehir governor's official website
- (Turkish) Eskişehir municipality's official website
- (English) Anadolu University in Eskişehir
- (English) Eskişehir Osmangazi University
- (English) Eskişehir weather forecast information
- Eskişehir Police Office
- Eskişehir Bar Association
- Eskişehir Organized Industrial Zone
- Eskişehir Tax Office
- Eskişehir Chamber of Commerce
- Eskişehir Special Provincial Administration
- Eskişehir Metropolitan Municipality Symphony Orchestra