|Institutions||University of Leipzig|
|Alma mater||University of Leipzig|
|Spouse||unnamed wife, unnamed wife, Catharina Schmuck|
|Children||Johann Friedrich, Anna Rosina, Gottfried Wilhelm|
Friedrich Leibniz (or Leibnütz; 1597–1652) 12 was a Lutheran Christian 23 lawyer and a notary, registrar and professor of moral philosophy within Leipzig University.2456 He was the father of Gottfried Leibniz.
He completed his master's degree at the University of Leipzig during 1622 and became an actuary in administration at the University.2 His first marriage in 1625 produced a son, Johann Friedrich, and a daughter, Anna Rosina. He was elected to the chair in moral philosophy at Leipzig in 1640. A childless marriage to a second wife ended with her death 1643.47 A subsequent 1644 marriage to Catharina Schmuck, a daughter of a well known lawyer (or professor of law 8) produced a son, the polymath Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz.4
|“||On Sunday 21 June [NS: 1 July] 1646, my son Gottfried Wilhelm is born into the world after six in the evening, ¾ to seven [ein Viertel uff sieben], Aquarius rising 4||”|
During 1646 Leibniz was vice chairman of the faculty of philosophy and also was Professor of Moral Philosophy at the University of Leipzig, in addition to employment as actuary.4 He possessed a collection of books of ancient source.6
|“||... a competent though not original scholar, who devoted his time to his offices and to his family as a pious, Christian father.9||”|
He died in Leipzig.
- (possibly unreliable) Rodovid, a free multilingual family tree portal; Special:Tree Retrieved 2012-02-09
- Brandon C. Look The Continuum Companion to Leibniz. - 528 pages Continuum International Publishing Group, 4 Aug 2011. Retrieved 2012-01-26.ISBN 0826429750
- Look, B. C 2007 Stanford University Encyclopedia of Philosophy → .edu Retrieved 2012-02-09
- (Professor Gregory Brown) - University of Houston Friedrich Leibniz. Leibniz Society of North America. Retrieved 2012-01-26.
- (Heinrich Schepers & Ronald Calinger) - Richard S. Westfall Department of History and Philosophy of Science Indiana University - The Galileo Project - Rice University .edu-Catalogue Retrieved 2012-01-27
- Nicholas Jolley - The Cambridge companion to Leibniz - 500 pages. Cambridge University Press, 1995. doi:10.1017/CCOL0521365880.002. Retrieved 2012-01-26. ISBN 0-521-36769-7
- Mitchel T. Keller et al North Dakota State University 58108-6050. Retrieved 2012-01-26.
- Ariew, Roger. G. W. Leibniz, life and works. The Cambridge Companion to Leibniz. Ed. Nicholas Jolley. Cambridge University Press, 1995. Cambridge Collections Online. Cambridge University Press. 26 January 2012  doi:10.1017/CCOL0521365880.002 Retrieved 2012-01-26
- E J Aiton, Leibniz : A biography (Bristol- Boston, 1984).[ University of St Andrews School of Mathematics and Statistics GAP] Retrieved 2012-01-26
- Mathematics Genealogy Project entry for Friedrich Leibniz