Warning: all items and those of a medical nature and/or pharmaceutical and/or legal published on Wikipedia (and in any part of TerritorioScuola Enhanced Wiki Alpha) must always be carefully checked before any use.
Harray has many mounds or howes from the Old Norse word Haugr meaning mound or hill. Excavations have revealed burial cist in the largest mound as well as a Bronze Age building nearby.2
Harray was merged with Birsay to form a united parish in the north west of Mainland.1 It extends southward from the south east of Birsay Parish, and is about six miles by four in extent.1 It is mostly flat and swampy.1
^ abcdWilson, Rev. John The Gazetteer of Scotland (Edinburgh, 1882) Published by W. & A.K. Johnstone