||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012)|
|Born||Justin Michael Gaston
August 12, 1988
Pineville, Louisiana, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, model, singer|
Justin Michael Gaston (born August 12, 1988) is an American singer-songwriter, model, and actor who was also a contestant on Nashville Star on season 6. He finished 10th overall out of 12 contestants.
In 2005, Justin Gaston left his hometown of Pineville, Louisiana at age 17 to pursue a career in acting. Gaston first found work as a model for 2(x)ist underwear, Christian Audigier, Adidas, International Jock, Hugo Boss, and other notable labels.
Gaston appeared as Taylor Swift's love interest on her 2008 music video for "Love Story", and also appeared on the pilot episode of the television series Glee, which premiered on the Fox network on May 19, 2009.1
In February 2010, Gaston began appearing on Simon Fuller's innovative interactive reality show, the If I Can Dream webseries, which aired on Hulu. The show provided round-the-clock coverage of the daily lives of five aspiring stars who had moved into a house in Hollywood, California. Gaston's If I Can Dream (series) costars were: Ben Elliott, Giglianne Braga, Kara Killmer, and Amanda Phillips.
On April 14, 2010, Gaston performed a duet on Simon Fuller's American Idol with Brooke White, the fifth place finalist on American Idol (season 7). Appropriately, Gaston's song choice was the classic Elvis Presley ballad, If I Can Dream.2
Gaston is originally from Pineville, Louisiana. At Pineville High School (Louisiana), Gaston was an athlete who competed in track and field, finishing sixth in the pole vault event at the 2005 Louisiana High School Athletic Association (LHSAA) 4A State Championship meet. Gaston achieved a height of 12' 6" in the competition.5
|2008||Love Story||Romeo||Music video based on the song "Love Story"|
|2008||Nashville Star||Himself||3 episodes|
|2009||Glee||Football Player||1 episode|
|2010||If I Can Dream||Himself||18 episodes|
|2011||Deadly Sibling Rivalry||Patrol Officer|
|2012||Game Change||Levi Johnston|
|Single Ladies||Gavin||1 episode|
- "Fox Holds "Glee" Tryouts After "American Idol" Tuesday, May 19 – New One-Hour Musical Comedy Series to Preview Post-American Idol" (Press release). Fox Broadcasting Company. March 5, 2009. Retrieved May 19, 2009.
- Kaufman, Gil (2010-04-15). "Brooke White, Justin Gaston Smolder In 'Idol' Duet - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- "The PETA Files". PETA.org. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- "Who Wants a Happy Ending?". If I Can Dream. Season 1. Episode 18. 2010-06-29. Hulu.
- "Louisiana High School Athletic Association". Lhsaa.org. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- "Miley Cyrus Ex Justin Gaston Weds Melissa Ordway". E! Online. Retrieved 2012-09-25.