|Province of Turkey|
|• Total||4,365 km2 (1,685 sq mi)|
|• Density||63/km2 (160/sq mi)|
|Per capita income||22,955 TL (4th; 2011)2|
Kırıkkale Province (Turkish: Kırıkkale ili) is a province of Turkey. It is located on the crossroads of major highways east of Ankara leading east to the Black Sea region. With its rapid population growth it has become an industrial center. The provincial capital is Kırıkkale.
Kırıkkale is a rapidly growing town in central Turkey, on the Ankara-Kayseri railway near the Kızılırmak River. Formerly a village, it owes its rapid rise in population mainly to the establishment of steel mills in the 1950s. These works, among the largest in the country, specialize in high-quality alloy steel and machinery. In the 1960s chemical plants were added.
Kırıkkale province is divided into 9 districts (capital district in bold):
Delice River valley near Yeni Yapan
- Turkish Statistical Institute, MS Excel document – Population of province/district centers and towns/villages and population growth rate by provinces
- "İşte Türkiye'nin en zengin illeri" [Here is the richest provinces of Turkey]. Kuzey Ekspres Gazetesi (in Turkish). 2011-09-07. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kırıkkale Province.|
- (Turkish) Kırıkkale governor's official website
- (Turkish) Kırıkkale municipality's official website
- (English) Kırıkkale weather forecast information
|This geographical article about a location in Kırıkkale Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|