List of best-selling albums by year in the United Kingdom
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011)|
This is a list of the best selling albums in the UK each year. The sales figures given are only within that year, but each album has sold more copies overall.
|1960s||Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band||The Beatles|
|1970s||Bridge Over Troubled Water||Simon & Garfunkel|
|1980s||Brothers in Arms||Dire Straits|
|1990s||(What's the Story) Morning Glory?||Oasis|
|2000s||Back to Bedlam||James Blunt|
- Sales: Music Week (Best selling albums 1998–2008), pub. 17 January 2009
- "2009: being Boyled". Music Week. Retrieved 3 February 2010.
- The Official Charts Company. "Eminem/Rihanna & Take That scoop 2010 crowns". Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- Jones, Alan (25 December 2011). "Christmas Album Chart analysis: Buble dominates with 317k weekly sales". Music Week. Retrieved 25 December 2011.
- Lane, Dan (2 January 2012). "The Official Top 40 Biggest Selling Albums Of 2012 revealed!". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
- Lane, Dan (1 January 2014). "The Official Top 40 Biggest Selling Artist Albums Of 2013!". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 1 January 2014.