List of cities proper by population
of world cities
This is an attempt to list the most populous cities in the world defined according to a concept of city proper. A city proper is a locality defined according to legal or political boundaries and an administratively recognized urban status that is usually characterized by some form of local government.123 City proper may not include suburbs.4
"World Urbanization Prospects", a UN publication, defines population of a city proper as "the population living within the administrative boundaries of a city." The book continues to say that "city proper as defined by administrative boundaries may not include suburban areas where an important proportion of the population working or studying in the city lives."4 However, some cities on this list do not follow this definition, as it can be misleading. For example, many cities in China govern territory that extends well beyond the traditional "city proper" into suburban and rural, and sometimes even include other smaller "cities." Using strictly administrative definition, cities in China would rank disproportionately high on the list. For this list, the definition of a city as a primarily urban locality is used.
The goal is to provide populations that can be compared reasonably and informatively. This list enumerates populations of the world's largest cities, whose boundaries may or may not correspond to municipalities. Populations listed are not necessarily for the administratively defined city and may be for urban area, metropolitan area, or one of many types of municipality indicated in the Definition columnwhy?. Approximate surface area, and population density are also indicated. The list only includes cities of 3 million or over.
|Rank||City||Image||Population||Definition||Area (km²)||Population density (/km²)||Country|
|14||Seoul||3110,388,055||Special City||32605.21||17,164||South Korea|
|15||Jakarta||339,761,407||Special capital district||664.12||14,698||Indonesia|
|16||Kinshasa||34359,387,000||City Proper36||371,117.62||8,399||Democratic Republic of the Congo|
|19||Tokyo||438,967,665||23 Special Wards44||617.18||14,400||Japan|
|21||Mexico City||478,873,017||Federal District||481,485.49||5,973||Mexico|
|24||New York||548,336,697||Five Boroughs||783.7||10,637||United States|
|25||London||558,308,369||Greater London56||1,572.15||5,285||United Kingdom|
|30||Ho Chi Minh City||657,681,700||Province-level municipality||662,095.6||3,667||Vietnam|
|33||Hong Kong||717,108,100||Special Administrative Region||721,108||6,415||Hong Kong|
|37||Rio de Janeiro||216,429,923||Municipality||771,182.3||5,438||Brazil|
|38||Foshan||78796,151,622||City Proper + Inner Suburbs||2,034||3,024||China|
|40||Riyadh||825,676,621||Metropolitan Municipality||831,233.98||4,600||Saudi Arabia|
|44||Saint Petersburg||865,131,967||Federal city||201,439||3,566||Russia|
|53||Johannesburg||994,434,827||Metropolitan municipality||1,645||2,696||South Africa|
|55||Dar es Salaam||1014,364,541||Region||1,590.5||2,744||Tanzania|
|62||Sydney||1133,956,000||Urban area/Local government||1132,037||1,942||Australia|
|63||New Taipei City||1143,910,086||Special municipality||1152,052.5667||1,905||Republic of China (Taiwan)|
|64||Los Angeles||1163,819,702||City proper||1,290||2,940||United States|
|65||Melbourne||1133,761,000||Urban area/Local government||1132,543||1,479||Australia|
|66||Cape Town||1173,740,026||Metropolitan Municipality||1172,445||1,530||South Africa|
|69||Busan||1203,590,101||Metropolitan City||120766.12||4,686||South Korea|
|74||Jeddah||1253,456,259||Metropolitan Municipality||1261,765||1,958||Saudi Arabia|
|75||Durban||1273,442,361||Metropolitan Municipality||2,291.4||1,502||South Africa|
|78||Hefei||131132 1333,352,076||Core districts||838.52||3,998||China|
|81||Pyongyang||1383,255,388||Direct-controlled municipality||3,194||1,019||North Korea|
|82||Madrid||1393,207,247||Districts of Madrid||605.77||5,294||Spain|
|83||Ekurhuleni||1403,178,470||Metropolitan municipality||1,970.6||1,613||South Africa|
- List of urban agglomerations by population (United Nations)
- List of metropolitan areas by population
- "World Urbanization Prospects: The 2007 Revision Population Database". Esa.un.org. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- "United Nations Statistics Division - Demographic and Social Statistics". Millenniumindicators.un.org. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- Demographic Yearbook 2005, Volume 57. United Nations. 2008. p. 756. ISBN 92-1-051099-2. Retrieved 2010-07-19.
- World Urbanization Prospects: The 2003 Revision. United Nations. 2004. ISBN 92-1-151396-0. Retrieved 2013-07-19.
- "Cities: largest (without surrounding suburban areas)". Geohive.
- Including the following districts: Huangpu, Luwan (merged into Huangpu in 2011), Xuhui, Changning, Jing'an, Putuo, Zhabei, Hongkou, Yangpu, Pudong, Baoshan, Minhang, and Jiading, considered "core districts" by Geohive.
- "2.5 LAND AREA,POPULATION AND DENSITY OF POPULATION IN DISTRICTS AND COUNTIES (2009)". Shanghai Statistics Bureau. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- "Population (2006)". Lagos State, Nigeria. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- The authentic Census: 17552942. The number of males is 9115041, while that of females is 8437901. The Lagos State is made up of 20 districts. The Metropolitan Lagos is made up of 16 districts: Agege; Ajeromi-Ifelodun; Alimosho; Amuwo-Odofin; Apapa; Eti-Osa; Ifako-Ijaye; Ikeja; Kosofe; Lagos Island; Lagos Mainland; Mushin; Ojo; Oshodi-Isolo; Shomolu; Surulere
- Nigerian Muse: "Errors, Miscalculations, Omissions in Lagos Census Figures" Table 7
- NIGERIA: Metro Lagos
- The surface of the Metropolitan Lagos is 1171 square kilometres, but 171 square kilometres is water (lagoon)
- "About Karachi - Geography And Demography (2006)". Karachi Metropolitan Corporation - Archive. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Town/District Maps". Karachi Metropolitan Corporation (KMC).
- "TÜRKEY: İstanbul City (2013)". CITY POPULATION.DE. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- According to the new Metropolitan Municipal Law (No.5216/2004-5), Jurisdiction of Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality (IMM), the city area is 5343.02 square kilometers. Districts: Çatalca, Silivri and Şile (total area 3153.23 square kilometers) are almost entirely rural.
- "Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011". Census of India. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "RUSSIA: Moscow". mos.ru. Retrieved 2014.
- "Территориальное устройство". Moscow City Government.
- Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation. Federal Registration, Cadastre&Cartograhy Service. Russia Landuse National Report 2008, p.187-188 (in Russian)
- "ESTIMATIVAS DA POPULAÇÃO RESIDENTE NOS MUNICÍPIOS BRASILEIROS COM DATA DE REFERÊNCIA EM 1º DE JULHO DE 2013" (in Portuguese). IBGE. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- "Administrative Division of Beijing". CITY POPULATION.DE.
- based on the districts of Dongcheng, Xicheng, Chaoyang, Fengtai, Shijingshan, and Haidian, considered "core districts" - Older part+Inner suburbs
- GeoHive, Pakistan - The Punjab - Administrative units 1998 Census result for Lahore District. Accessed on 2008-09-28. The UN estimated the population of Lahore to be 10,577,000 in 2007. However, that estimate is based on now obsolete administrative boundaries for the Lahore Metropolitan Corporation. The administrative boundaries for Lahore was changed in 2001, when it was transformed from Metropolitan Corporation into a City District. The City District includes the old Metropolitan Corporation as well as the surrounding district. The District of Lahore had a total of 6,318,745 inhabitants in 1998, compared to 5,143,495 for the Metropolitan Corporation. Current, but vague, estimates puts the population of the district at somewhere between 9.5 and 11 million.
- "Shenzhen Statistics". Shenzhen Government Online. Retrieved 2011.
- "Shenzhen General Info". Shenzhen Government Online. Retrieved 2011.
- "BANGLADESH: Dhaka". citypopulation.de. March 15, 2011. Retrieved 4 March 2014. "City Districts and Subdistricts"
- The City Corporation was abolished on November 29, 2011
- Liton, Shakhawat; Hasan, Rashidul (November 30, 2011). "JS splits DCC in 4 minutes". The Daily Star. Retrieved 4 March 2014. "Alliance MPs could not get chance to oppose the bill; appointment of 2 administrators by this week"
- All districts of Metro Area except Gazipur Sadar, Keraniganj, Savar, and Uttar Khan. Equivalently, all districts with over 5000 people km-2; plus the airport district, Biman Bandar.
- "Seoul Statistics (Population)(2013)". Seoul Metropolitan Government. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Seoul Statistics (Land Area)". Seoul Metropolitan Government. Retrieved 2012.
- "Jumlah Penduduk Provinsi DKI Jakarta". Dinas Kependudukan dan Pencatatan Sipil Provinsi DKI Jakarta. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- "Demographia World Urban Areas (2013)". Demographia. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Evenements: "Avec une population de 9,5 millions, Kinshasa est la troisième plus grande ville sur le continent africain, de taille égale à Johannesburg. Le Kinois (habitants de Kinshasa) sont connus pour leur sens de l'humour, leur musique et leur amour pour la danse."(2013)". Ville de Kinshasa.
- The province of Kinshasa is divided into twenty-four districts, administered by the Metropolitan Municipality of Kinshasa. But the districts (communes) of Maluku and Nsele (N'Sele) are rural and not part of the city proper. The city proper (urban area) of Kinshasa is generally considered to be formed by twenty-two "communes".
- According to the Constitution of Democratic Republic of the Congo, the province of Kinshasa covers 9965.21 km2. Maluku and N'Sele (total area 8847.59 km2) are entirely rural, with very population density.
- "天津市公报2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据". Enorth.com.cn. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- based on the districts of Heping, Hexi, Hebei, Nankai, Hedong, Hongqiao, Jinnan, Dongli, Xiqing, Beichen and Binhai New Area, considered "core districts". Starting from November 2009, Binhai New Area was consolidated into a district, and the former subordinate districts of Tanggu, Hangu and Dagang were abolished. Binhai is part of the Bohai Economic Rim and is expected to become another asset to regional development, following the rise of Shenzhen Special Economic Zone and Shanghai Pudong New Area. It is a Special Economic Zone (SEZ) of the PRC, meaning experimental reforms are taking place here.
- "CHINA: Administrative Division of Tianjin (天津市)".
- "Cities having population 1 lakh and above". censusindia. The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- Chennai District Population Census 2011, Tamil Nadu literacy sex ratio and density. Census2011.co.in. Retrieved on 2013-07-12.
- Official monthly estimated de jure population by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government (in Japanese). Population estimate on 2010-06-01.
- Corresponds to the former City of Tokyo merged into the Tokyo Metropolis on July 1, 1943. The whole of 23 wards is now a special local public entity which provides limited public service, and is sometimes statistically treated as the city proper of Tokyo (e.g. Statistical Bureau of Japan, The Population of capital cities and cities of 100 000 or more inhabitants. United Nations Statistics Division).
- "Estimated Population by Governorate". CAPMAS. Retrieved September 2013.
- In April 2011, Prime Minister Essam Sharaf abolished the Helwan Governorate and reincorporated its territory into the Cairo Governorate. The total area of the governorate is 3085.1 square kilometers, the city area is 453 square kilometers, but the Egyptian government considered the Cairo Governorate is that a whole city and all statistics relate to the "governorate".
- Instituto Nacional de Estadística y Geografía, México; Censo de Población y Vivienda 2010, Resultados preliminares Preliminary 2010 Census results. Retrieved on 2010-11-26.
- Consejo Nacional de Población, México; Delimitación de las zonas metropolitanas de México 2005 Retrieved on 2010-11-26.
- "PERU: Lima Metropolitan Area". CITY POPULATION.DE.
- The province of Lima is divided into forty three "districts of Lima" which are administered by the Metropolitan Municipality of Lima. The city proper (urban area) of Lima is generally considered to be formed by thirty of these districts. The remaining thirteen districts consist of mostly rural and sparsely populated desert and mountainous areas. The Metropolitan Municipality of Callao is divided into six districts.
- The cities of Lima and Callao forms a single city "continues". Callao is just a city "administrative". Economically and geographically is a district of the Metropolitan Municipality of Lima.
- "BBMP Delimitation 2009". Government of Karnataka. Retrieved 2009-11-09.dead link
- Sam Roberts (March 14, 2013). "Fewer People Are Abandoning the Bronx, Census Data Show". The New York Times. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- Annual Mid-year Population Estimates for England and Wales, 2012 (press release). Ons.gov.uk (2013-06-26). Retrieved 2013-06-26.
- Composed of the City of London and the 32 London boroughs
- "Table 1 Population by sex, household type and household by type, average size of private household by region and area: 2010". Statistic tables, NSO website. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 18 September 2012.
- "IRAN: Tehran City (Census 2011)". CITY POPULATION.DE. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- TEHRAN: Administrative Districts
- "About Teheran". Tehran Municipality. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "Estimaciones y proyecciones de hogares y viviendas". DANE (2014).
- The Capital District of Bogotá is divided into twenty districts, administered by the Metropolitan Municipality of Bogotá.
- "Límites". Bogota Government Corporation.
- The district of Sumapaz is completely rural (no city services) and is not part of the city proper. The area was an important pilgrimage arheoligic site for the Muisca indigenous peoples in pre-Columbian times and for visiting the Sumapaz National Park. The district of Sumapaz represents 0.1% of the population (48% "area") of Bogotá Municipality.
- "Average population by province". General Statistics Office Of Vietnam. Retrieved 2012.
- "Area, population and population density in 2012 by province". General Statistics Office Of Vietnam.
- "DISTRICT GOVERNMENT FAISALABAD: Strategic Policy Unit: DISTRICT PROFILE". DISTRICT FAISALABAD. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- "Demographic Statistics of Iraq (2009)". Central Statistical Government of Iraq. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- The province of Baghdad is divided into nine district, administered by the Metropolitan Municipality of Baghdad. The districts are distributed into 89 Neighborhood Councils.
- There are many disputes about Baghdad city (urban) area. The city of Baghdad has the special status of provincial. The demographic information reported to the city proper are non-existent or are the estimates, projections inconclusive. The Metropolitan Municipality of Baghdad is a city "federal district - province". Is similar to the case of Cairo Governorate.
- Census and Statistics Department, Hong Kong; Population and Vital Events Retrieved on 2011-10-18. Estimated population in mid-2011.
- "Hong Kong: Broad Land Usage Distribution". Planning Department: The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administration Region. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Greater Hyderabad Municipal corporation 2010". GHMC. Retrieved 12-04-2010.
- "武汉市2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公报 (Main Data from Wuhan 2010 Census)". Wuhan Statistics Bureau. 10 May 2011. Retrieved 31 July 2011. Total population as of 2010-11-01 of the central districts: Jiang'an, Jianghan, Qiaokou, Hanyang, Wuchang, Qingshan, and Hongshan, as defined in Wuhan Statistical Yearbook 2010
- Refers to fully urban districts, that is districts with a population density of over 1,500 per km².
- Wuhan Statistical Yearbook 2010 p. 15
- "佛山2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公报". City of Foshan. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- Districts of Changcheng, Nanhai, Shunde; see Foshan#Administration
- "Chile - Santiago (Census 2012)". Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- The province of Santiago is divided into thirty-two districts, administered by the Metropolitan Municipality of Santiago. But the district of Lo Barnechea is rural (mountains) and is not part of the city proper. The city proper (urban area) of Santiago is generally considered to be formed by thirty-one districts (Province of Santiago), the district of Puente Alto (Province of Cordillera), and the district of San Bernardo (Province of Maipo).
- "Composition of Population (2012)". Arriyadh Development Authority. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- Arriyadh Development Authority (Investment_Arriyadh_2013)
- "POPULATION IN BRIEF 2013". http://www.singstat.gov.sg/. Singapore. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "现将汕头市2010年第六次全国人口普查分区县常住人口数据公布如下：". 汕头市2010年第六次全国人口普查 主要数据公报. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- Rosstat. Оценка численности постоянного населения на 1 января 2014 г. (Russian)
- Spelled “Kalyoubia” in the source cited.
- "Qalyubia Governorate". http://www.egypttravelsearch.net/. Egypt Travel Search: Your Amazing Key to Egypt. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "我市2010年第六次全国人口普查数据公报" (in Chinese). Government of Chengdu. 2011-05-13. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "EGYPT: Greater Cairo". citypopulation.de. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- All districts that are listed as being in Greater Cairo and are contiguous; namely Ad-Duqī, Al-Ahrām; Al-'Ajūzah; Al-Badrashayn; Al-Ḥawāmidiyah; Al-Jīzah; Al-Jīzah; Al-'Umrāniyah; Al-Warrāq; Awsīm; Būlāq al-Dakrūr; Imbābah; Kirdāsah.
- "EGYPT: Greater Cairo". citypopulation.de. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Egypt: Administrative Units". GeoHive. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- The city of Alexandria has an area of approximately 400 square kilometres. Egyptian officials provides information at governorate level. In the case of "city proper" provides information at intervals of many years. It is impossible to assess the population (official) reported in the city proper area.
- "重庆市2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公报 (Main Data from Chongqing 2010 Census)". NetEase. 10 May 2011. Retrieved 31 July 2011. Total population as of 2010-11-01 of the following districts: Yuzhong, Dadukou, Jiangbei, Shapingba, Jiulongpo, and Nan'an
- "西安市2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公报". Chinese Census 2010. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- Includes all districts with over 1500 people per km2: Xīnchéng, Bēilín, Liánhú, Bàqiáo, Wèiyāng, Yàntǎ
- Demographics: Surat Municipal Corporation
- "City of Johannesburg". Statistics South Africa (Census 2011). beta2. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- Districts of Xuanwu, Qinhuai, Jianye, Gulou, Yuhuatai, Qixia; see Administrative divisions
- Pinda, Mizengo Peter. "Welcome to the 2012 Tanzania Population and Housing Census WebPage.". Census General Report (pdf); available by clicking “Population Distribution by Administrative Units”. National Bureau of Statistics of Tanzania. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- "TURKEY: Ankara (2013)". CityPopulation.De. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- The province of Ankara is divided into twenty five districts, administered by the Metropolitan Municipality of Ankara. The city proper (urban area) of Ankara is generally considered to be formed by eight districts (Sincan, Yenimahalle, Etimesgut, Keçiören, Pursaklar, Altındağ, Mamak, Çankaya). In some criteria, Gölbaşı district is part of the city, but the district of Gölbaşı is rural.
- UN world Urbanization Prospects estimate for 2010. While the UN list is nominally a list of urban agglomerations, this particular city is listed as using the "city proper" statistical concept in the sources section of the UN report.
- Third Regional EST Forum, Presentation of Myanmar. Retrieved 6 June 2009.
- "The World Factbook". Central Intelligence Agency. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "黑龙江省2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公报". National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- All city proper districts except Sōngběi; namely Dàolǐ, Nángǎng, Dàowài, Píngfáng, Xiāngfang; see Harbin#Administrative divisions
- "中国年鉴信息网--中国规模最大、实力最强的研究报告提供商！". Harbin Yearbook. China Yearbook. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- All Urban Districts except Shangjie; the following districts: Jinshui, Erqi, Huiji, Guangcheng, Zhongyuan; see Zhengzhou#Administration and demography
- "苏州市2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公报 (Main Data from Suzhou 2010 Census)". Suzhou Statistics Bureau. 3 May 2011. Retrieved 3 May 2011.
- Based on the following districts: Pingjiang,Canglang,Jinchang,Huqiu,Wuzhong,Xiangcheng,SND,SIP.
- "DEMOGRAPHIA: Demographia World Urban Areas (World Agglomerations)". Demographia. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "New Taipei City" (in Chinese). Household Registration Service, New Taipei City Government. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "New Taipei City". New Taipei City Government. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Interactive Population Map". US Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-08-03.
- "City of Cape Town". Statistics South Africa (Census 2011). Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Districts of Shenhe, Heping, Dadong, Huangu, Tiexi; see Districts and zones
- Official monthly estimated de jure population by the Kanagawa Prefectural Government (in Japanese). Population estimate on 2010-06-01.
- , Retrieved 2013-07-01.
- "杭州市 2010年国民经济和社会发展统计公报" (in Simplified Chinese). Hangzhou Municipal Statistic Bureau. 2011-02-24. Retrieved 2011-09-15.
- "Xiamen (Sub-provincial city, Fujian)". citypopulation.de. November 1, 2010. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- Following sections: Licheng District, Fengze District, Shishi City, Jinjiang City; see Quanzhou#Administrative divisions
- "Population of Berlin(01.01.2014)". Statistics Agency Berlin-Brandenburg. Retrieved 03 March 2014.
- "Saudi Census-2010". Central Departament of Statistics Saudi Government. Retrieved 4 march 2014.
- "Area and Population". Jeddah Municipality. Retrieved 4 march 2014.
- "Ethekwini". Statistics South Africa (Census 2011). Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- HCP, Centre d’Etudes et de Recherches Démographiques (CERED) (2009)
- "Population of the city proper according to the 2008 census". Citypopulation.de. Archived from the original on 15 June 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-27.
- "UN World Urbanization Prospects". Esa.un.org. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- "合肥市2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公报". Hefei. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "合肥市2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公报: 合肥市2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公 报". Baidu. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- Includes the following districts: Yaohai, Luyang, Shushan, Baohe; see Hefei#Administration
- "Sanctuary in the city? Urban displacement and vulnerability in Peshawar, Pakistan: HPG Working Paper: May 2013". Irina Mosel and Ashley Jackson. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- Said source suggests a population growth of 3.29%/year (p. 12); and the 1998 census indicated a population of District at a glance peshaware, Pakistan bureau of Statistics], which, if it were to grow by 3.29 %/year, would reach 3,294,000 by 2013 (the population of 3,300,000) is actually estimated for 2012).2,026,851 [
- "PESHAWAR PROFILE". Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- "Population of Kabul City by District and Sex 2012-13". http://cso.gov.af/. Central Statistics Organization (Afghanistan). Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- United Nations Statistics Division; Preliminary results of the 2008 Census of Population of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea conducted on 1-15 October 2008 (pdf-file) Retrieved on 2009-03-01.
- "Municipal Register: Last data published: Population at 1st January (2013)". Instituto Nacional de Estadística (INE - Spain). Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Ekurhuleni". Statistics South Africa (Census 2011). beta2. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Kenya (Census 2009)". Geohive. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Population Size of Towns by Sex, Region, Zone and Wereda: July 2013". Central Statistical Agency - CSA. Retrieved July 2013.
- "based on the districts of Akaki Kaliti-Sub City, Nefas Silk-Lafto-Sub City, Kolfe Keraniyo-Sub City, Gulele-Sub City, Lideta-Sub City, Kirkos-Sub City, Arada-Sub City, Addis Ketema-Sub City, Yeka-Sub City, Bole-Sub City considered "districts"".
- Based on the following districts: Furong, Tianxin, Yuelu, Kaifu, Yuhua; see Administration
- "1103-浙江省温州市2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公报: 温州市2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公报". Baidu. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Based on the following districts: Lucheng, Longwan, Ouhai; see Administration