List of films with all four Academy Award acting nominations
This is a list of films with performances that have been nominated in all of the Academy Award acting categories.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences annually bestows Academy Awards for acting performances in the following four categories: Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor, and Best Supporting Actress.
In the following list, award winners are listed in bold with gold background; others listed are nominees who did not win.
Among the fifteen films listed above, the following superlatives emerge.
No film has won all four awards.
Two films won three awards:
Four films hold a total of five nominations, each with an additional nomination within one of the four categories:
- Mrs. Miniver (1942) – two nominations for Best Supporting Actress
- From Here to Eternity (1953) – two nominations for Best Actor
- Bonnie and Clyde (1968) – two nominations for Best Supporting Actor
- Network (1976) – two nominations for Best Actor
Three of the nominated films failed to win any of the four awards:
- My Man Godfrey (1936) – the first such nominated film
- Sunset Boulevard (1950)
- American Hustle (2013)
Only two of the nominated films won Best Picture:
- Mrs. Miniver (1942)
- From Here to Eternity (1953)
Only one of the nominated films was not nominated for Best Picture:
- My Man Godfrey (1936)
Five performers were nominated for their work in two different films that received nominations in all acting categories (winners in bold):
- William Holden (Sunset Boulevard, Network)
- Warren Beatty (Bonnie and Clyde, Reds)
- Faye Dunaway (Bonnie and Clyde, Network)
- Bradley Cooper (Silver Linings Playbook, American Hustle)
- Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook, American Hustle)
Only one director has directed two films that received nominations in all four categories:
- David O. Russell (Silver Linings Playbook, American Hustle)
- Bonnie and Clyde
- Guess Who's Coming to Dinner