Magrahat II (community development block)
|Community development block|
|District||South 24 Parganas|
|Assembly constituency||Magrahat Purba|
|• Total||51.99 sq mi (134.65 km2)|
|• Density||5,040/sq mi (1,946/km2)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
|Literacy Rate||67.24 per cent|
Magrahat II (community development block) (Bengali: মগরাহাট II সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক) is an administrative division in Diamond Harbour subdivision of South 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Magrahat police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Magrahat. Uttar Kalas and Bilandapur are urban areas in this block.12
Magrahat is located at.
Gram panchayats of Magrahat II block/panchayat samiti are: Amratala, Dehikalash, Dhamua North, Dhamua South, Dhanpota, Gokarni, Hotor Maryada, Jugdia, Mograhat East, Mograhat West, Mohanpur, Multi, Nainan and Urel Chandpur.3
As per 2001 census, Magrahat II block had a total population of 262,022, out of which 135,145 were males and 126,877 were females. Magrahat II block registered a population growth of 17.26 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for South 24 Parganas district was 20.89 per cent.2Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.4
As per 2001 census, Magrahat II block had a total literacy of 67.24 per cent for the 6+ age group. While male literacy was 77.89 per cent female literacy was 55.85 per cent. South 24 Parganas district had a total literacy of 69.45 per cent, male literacy being 79.19 per cent and female literacy being 59.01 per cent.6
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". South 24 Parganas district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, South Twentyfour Parganas District (18)". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "No. 229 (Sanction)-PN/P/II/1G-5/2005(Pt.II) dated 02.02.09". Annexure A of 322 (Sanction)-RD/CCA/BRGF/IC-02/08; Date: 27.03.2009 – Statement of Release of Development Grant under BRGF. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "TRU for all Districts (SC & ST and Total)". Census 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 5, South Twentyfour Parganas District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-24.