List of members of the European Parliament for Belgium, 1999–2004
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Members of the European Parliament for Belgium 1999–2004)
|Members of the
|National party||EP Group||Seats||±|
|Flemish Liberals and Democrats||ELDR|
|Christian People's Party||EPP–ED||1|
|Liberal Reformist Party – Democratic Front of the Francophones||ELDR|
|Christian Social Party||EPP–ED||1|
|Christian Social Party||EPP–ED|
- Replaced Annemie Neyts (203,386 votes), who stayed a minister in the Brussels government.
- Became a member of Liberal Appeal in 2003, and joined the NI.
- Replaced Frank Vandenbroucke, who stayed a minister in the federal government.
- Resigned in 1999 because of personal reasons. Replaced by Kathleen Van Brempt on 13 January 2000. In 2003, Van Brempt became a state secretary in Verhofstadt II. Replaced by Saïd El Khadraoui on 7 October 2003.
- Resigned in 1999, became the European Commissioner for Research in the Prodi Commission. Replaced by Jean-Maurice Dehousse on 16 September 1999.
- Resigned in 2001. Replaced by Olga Zrihen on 6 April 2001.
- Resigned in 2003 because of personal reasons. Replaced by Koenraad Dillen on 16 June 2003.
- Resigned in 2003. Replaced by Anne André-Léonard 16 June 2003.
- Resigned in 2004. Replaced by Jacqueline Rousseaux in 2004.
- Replaced Bert Anciaux (131,552 votes), who stayed a minister in the Flemish government.
- Became a member of Agalev in 2002, and joined G–EFA.
- Resigned in 2001, became the mayor of City of Brussels. Replaced by Jacques Santkin on 1 February 2001. Santkin died in 2001. Replaced by Véronique De Keyser on 25 September 2001.
- Became a member of Flemish Liberals and Democrats in 2004, and joined ELDR.
- Resigned in 2002, became an alderman in Elsene (Brussels). Replaced by Jan Dhaene on 1 September 2002. Dhaene became a member of the Socialist Party in January 2004.
- Resigned in 2003, became fraction leader of Flemish Bloc in the Senate. Replaced by Philip Claeys on 16 June 2003.