Midnapore Sadar (community development block)
মেদিনীপুর সদর সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||336.81 km2 (130.04 sq mi)|
|• Density||470/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Medinipur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Medinipur, Kharagpur|
Midnapore Sadar (community development block) is an administrative division in Medinipur Sadar subdivision of Paschim Medinipur district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Medinipur police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Barapathar Cantonment.12
Midnapore is located at.
As per 2001 census, Midnapore Sadar block had a total population of 157,584, out of which 80,824 were males and 76,760 were females. Midnapore Sadar block registered a population growth of 26.77 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the combined Midnapore district was 14.87 per cent.2Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.4
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Paschim Medinipur district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, (erstwhile) Medinipur District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "Allocation of 3rd SFC (untied) Fund". Paschim Medinipur district. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001, Medinipur district. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-03-20.
- Midnapore travel guide from Wikivoyage