Qibao Town Street view
Location in Shanghai
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||371.7 km2 (143.5 sq mi)|
|• Density||6,500/km2 (17,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
The Minhang District (simplified Chinese: 闵行区; traditional Chinese: 閔行區, Shanghainese: min2ghaon1 chiu1, Mandarin pinyin: Mǐnháng Qū) of suburban Shanghai has a land area of 371.57 km2 (143.46 sq mi) and population of 2,429,000 residents as of 2010.1
It is mostly a residential district, though it is also home to some of the many factories and production facilities in Shanghai. Residential housing development is the main source of local government revenue. Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena is located in Ma Qiao Town. The Aerospace Museum is being constructed at Pujiang Town.
Of particular note is Qibao, a tourist attraction in the northern part of the district, and Maqiao, which hosted the Shanghai ATP Masters Tennis Tournament and is the site of the Neolithic Ruins of Maqiao. The town of Hongqiao also overlaps with Hongqiao Subdistrict in Changning District, and is the location of Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport, the city's older commercial airport and which is used primarily for domestic flights.
International schools include:
- Shanghai American School Puxi Campus4
- Shanghai Japanese School Hongqiao Campus (elementary school)5
- Shanghai Rego International School6
- Shanghai Metro Line 1 has its southwestern terminus in Minhang in the town of Xinzhuang Town, near the end of the Humin elevated road (Hu = Shanghai, Min = Minhang).
- Shanghai Metro Line 5 runs all throughout Minhang from its terminus in Xinzhuang (Shanghai Metro) down southward to Minhang Development Zone.
- Line 8, Shanghai Metro: Luheng Road (Shanghai Metro) - Pujiang Town (Shanghai Metro) - Jiangyue Road (Shanghai Metro) - Lianhang Road (Shanghai Metro) - Shendu Highway (Shanghai Metro)
- Line 9, Shanghai Metro: Zhongchun Road (Shanghai Metro) - Qibao (Shanghai Metro) - Xingzhong Road (Shanghai Metro)- Hechuan Road (Shanghai Metro)
- Line 12, Shanghai Metro(closed): Hongmei Road (Shanghai Metro) - Donglan Road (Shanghai Metro) - Gudai Road (Shanghai Metro) - Hongxin Road (Shanghai Metro) - Qixin Road (Shanghai Metro)
- Public bicycle share scheme, with more than 20,000 bikes available for free use, after a registration process.78
- "2011年统计用区划代码和城乡划分代码：闵行区" (in Simplified Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- "联系我们." (Archive) Yonghe King. Retrieved on September 19, 2013. "永和大王总公司 地址：上海市合川路3051号莱茵虹桥中心B栋4楼"
- Home page. Shanghai American School. Retrieved on February 19, 2014. "Puxi Campus 258 Jinfeng Road Huacao Town, Minhang Dist. Shanghai, China 201107 6221-1445" and "Pudong Campus Shanghai Links Executive Community 1600 Lingbai Road Sanjiagang, Pudong Shanghai, China 201201 6221-1445"
- "Shanghai Japanese School HongQiao Campus." Shanghai Japanese School. Retrieved on February 18, 2014. "上海日本人学校 虹橋校�〒201103 上海市閔行区虹梅路3185号"
- "Contact." Shanghai Rego International School. Retrieved on February 26, 2014. "159 DiannanRoad, Minhang 201100 Shanghai"
- Free bikes solve commuters’ problems, Minhang Times, 25 April 2009
- Free rental bikes missing, SCMP, 22 Feb 2013
- Minhang District Government Website
- Minhang District Government Website (simplified Chinese)
- Shanghai Daily's Minhang Information Website